Chapter 7 BK and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - Bankruptcy Laws and Bankruptcy Forms
Chapter 7 BK and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Articles
If you are considering filing for bankruptcy, make sure you get the information you need to make an informative decision. We have numerous articles below offering information from what is bankruptcy, do you qualify for bankruptcy, to finding a good bankruptcy attorney. You can also watch our Bankruptcy Video, which explains how to qualify for bankruptcy and the difference between Ch 7 and Ch 13 bankruptcy.
Information on Filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy - We have answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy.
- Means Test - If you are going to file Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you are going to need to pass the means test. What is it and how do you fill it out?
- Which Debts Can I Include in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy? - Read this article see what are dischargeable debts and what are considered non-dischargeable debts.
- Can I Include My Student Loan in a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy? - With more and more students defaulting on student loans, what becomes of these loans in a bankruptcy proceeding?
- What Property Can I Keep After a Bankruptcy? - The Bankruptcy Code does allow you to protect some of your personal property from the claims of creditors.
Information on Filing Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy - Read the answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
General Information on Bankruptcy
- Avoid Filing Bankruptcy - If you are in your 20's and are thinking about filing bankruptcy, you need to read our three reasons to rethink filing bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy Myths - There is a lot of misinformation out there regarding bankruptcy. Our article gives you the facts and dispels the myths regarding filing bankruptcy.
- How to Overcome the Stigmas of Filing Bankruptcy - Filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy is not an easy decision and it is made ever harder when your personal feelings come into play.
- Bankruptcy Reform Act of 2005 - In October of 2005, new bankruptcy laws went into effect in reaction to an unprecedented amount of bankruptcy filings. See what changed as a result of this act.
- Alternatives to Filing Bankruptcy - There is no easy way out of debt and filing bankruptcy should be your last resort. We will show you there are alternatives to filing BK.
- Do You Qualify for Bankruptcy? - If you cannot pass the means test, you will not be able to file for bankruptcy. We will show you what to do with all of your credit card debt and how to qualify for bankruptcy.
- What if You Can't Afford to File for Bankruptcy? - It can cost a lot of money to hire a bankruptcy attorney and pay the filing fees. We have some ideas for you to save money and maybe get some advice for free.
- Common Mistakes Made When Filing Bankruptcy - Read our list of the most common mistakes people make when filing for bankruptcy. One misstep could cause your case to be dismissed.
- The Dismissal of Your Bankruptcy Petition - Learn the differences between a voluntary dismissal and an involuntary dismissal of your bankruptcy case.
- Is There Life After Bankruptcy? - You have survived filing bankruptcy but now what do you do. Trust us, there is life after bankruptcy.
- How to Prevent Medical Bills From Bankrupting Your Family - A debilitating disease to you or a family member can lead you down the road to bankruptcy. We have some suggestions to help you avoid this financial catastrophe.
- 50 Questions to Ask When Looking for a Bankruptcy Attorney - As if filing bankruptcy is not stressful enough, finding a competent lawyer is just more additional stress. Here are great questions to ask a lawyer before hiring him to handle your bankruptcy case.
- Bankruptcy Fraud Cases - With more and more bankruptcies filed each year, the incidence of fraud has skyrocketed. Read this article to make sure you are not committing fraud when filing your paperwork.
- Bankruptcy Attorneys are Liable for Misleading Statements - You are relying on your attorney to guide you in the right direction, but what if he steers you wrong. What can you do?
- Bankruptcy Forms - This link will take you to the United States Courts website where you can download official forms and instructions on how to file for bankruptcy.