Budget and Save Your Money - Save for Retirement and Medical Bills
Articles on Budgeting and Saving Your Money
Budgeting and saving money do not have to be dirty words. Some may not like the word "budget," but if you are reading the information on this site chances are it's because you've gotten in over your head with spending. No credit recovery plan is complete without learning to manage your money. We're not talking Ebeneezer Scrooge here. Just a little mindfulness over where your money is going and how to save your money for future retirement, medical expenses, or unexpected events life may throw at you. Below are some articles ranging from saving for retirement, saving for unexpected medical expenses, to how to set up a saving account.
Saving Money for Retirement or Medical Expenses
- Calculate How Much You Will Need to Retire - How much money you will need to retire comfortably? Follow our eight steps to determine what your retirement amount should be.
- Retirement Savings Challenges for Men and Women - There is a large gap between what a man and a woman can sock away for retirement. This is due to the large salary gaps between the sexes.
- Retirement Savings Strategies for Single People - Those who will be enjoying their golden years alone, saving for retirement as a single person poses some financial challenges.
- Most Affordable Places to Retire - Read our list of the top 20 most affordable places to retire. Are one of these cities on your retirement list?
- Retiring Abroad Can Be Cheap - If you are planning to leave the country after you retire, make sure to take these important money matters into consideration first.
- Plan For an Early Retirement - Would you like to retire before the age of 65 - a lot of us would. Learn how to start planning for an early retirement.
- Manage Your Retirement Savings - Learn how to start managing your retirement money by using 401k's, IRA's or Roth IRA's.
- Questions to Ask When Setting Your Retirement Savings Goals - Whether you are just starting to save or have been saving for years, here are some important questions to ask yourself about your savings goals.
- Today's College Grads May be Retiring Later in Life - Young Americans graduating from college are now burdened with overwhelming student loan debt. This is one factor as to why they will not be able to retire at 65 years of age.
- Using a Self-Directed IRA as a Retirement Investment Strategy - A self-directed IRA may be a good way to increase your retirement account. This article gives you a complete look at what is this type of IRA and if it is right for you.
- Save for Retirement or Pay Off Loans - This is a commonly asked question and one which is difficult to answer. We offer up reasons for both and then you can decide which is better for you.
- Can a Medical Savings Account Help You Save Money? - Opening a medical savings account is a great way to save money for future medical expenses. Learn how in this article.
- What is a Health Savings Account? - Learn how to use an HSA to save for medical expenses and retirement and do it all tax-free.
Financial Advice While Saving Your Money
- Tips to Find a Good Financial Planner - If you are looking for someone to help you invest your money, a financial planner is the way to go. We have tips to help you find a reputable person.
- Tips on When You Should Talk to a Financial Advisor - Now that you found a competent financial planner, you need to know when you should be meeting with this person to go over your investment portfolios.
- Generation Y-ers Guide to Financial Advice - Those of you 30 years old or younger, here is some great financial planning advice to help you get started on your nest egg for the future.
- Tips to Makeover Your Personal Finances - If you find your money disappearing from your banking account, you might need to overhaul your personal finances. See our easy to follow tips.
- Change Your Mindset About Money - Before you can start to save money, you need to start thinking differently about money. Change your money mindset with these simple tips.
- How to Talk About Money with your Partner - Do you find it difficult to talk about finances with your romantic partner? You both need to be on the same page if you want your financial future to be brighter together.
- Non-Bank Banking Options - Switching to a credit union, using a money market or cash management account to save your money may be a good option for you. Check out these non-bank banking alternatives.
Tips for Saving Money
- Stop Living Paycheck to Paycheck - This article shows you how to save money and stop living paycheck to paycheck. End the struggle of trying to make ends meet.
- Save Money Using Coupons - As prices of groceries, household items, and dining out are increasing, so is the use of coupons to save money. See how easy coupon cutting can be.
- Common Myths About Saving Money - Don't fall into the trap of believing all the bad information regarding saving money. Break through the myths and start saving money today.
- Automate Your Savings - Saving money will be much easier if you set it up to happen automatically. See how easy it can be to save money and build up your nest egg.
- Ways Americans Waste Money - You might not realize the little ways you might be wasting money. See the common ways Americans waste money.
- Sneaky Tactics Used by Retailers - Saving money can be difficult if you fall for the sneaky tactics used by retailers to get you to spend more money.
- Teaching Your Kids About Saving Money - It is never too early to teach your children about money. The more they know about money, the better they will be as adults when they have to budget their own finances.
- How to Save 500 Dollars For Christmas - The sooner you start cutting back on some expenses, the more money you can save for the upcoming holidays. It is easy to save at least $500 and this article will give you some great ideas on where to budget your money.
- Valentine's Day on a Budget - You don't have to go into debt because of this lovers holiday. We have some great money saving ideas for gifts you and your significant other with love.
Open a Savings Account and Find Extra Money
- No Checking or Savings Account? - Millions of Americans do not have a checking or savings account. Learn how to survive without using a bank.
- Banking for Free - Learn how to find banks that charge very little to no fees to bank with them.
- Switch to an Online Checking Account - Don't need a brick and mortar building to do your banking? Then you might want to switch to an online banking account.
- Find Unclaimed Money and Property - What better way to increase your savings account than to find unclaimed money owed to you. Here is a state-by-state list of websites to help you find lost money or property.
- How Disposable is Your Income - Do you feel at the end of the month you are left with nothing in the bank? We have some techniques you can use to help save money for unexpected expenses.
- Recognizing the Signs of Too Much Debt - Coming to the realization you in over your head in debt, is the first step to fixing your financial mess. See the signs of having too much debt.