Credit Cards For Spenders - Best Credit Cards For Spending, Rewards, Cash Back
The Best Credit Cards to Use if You Are a Big Spender
Last Updated: June 13, 2016
We seem to talk a lot about secured and prepaid credit cards for those who have bad or no credit. Those types of cards are for people that are in the process of fixing their credit so they can later obtain a credit card meant for those with excellent credit. But what about all of you out there who DO have excellent credit and use their credit cards to pay for just about everything from food to gas and DO pay off these large balances each and every month. If you are one of these people, you need to get your hands on a card that will offer you huge rewards, cash back or other perks. The more money you spend, the more rewards you can earn. So, if you are giving your credit cards a serious workout every month, why not make the most of it? Here is a list of the best credit cards for big spenders who want big rewards.
1. Chase Sapphire Preferred - This has been named the top travel credit card because you can earn double points on travel and dining. Another perk is the fact you won't pay a cent in foreign transaction fees when you travel abroad. You get 40,000 bonus points when you spend $4,000 within the first 90 days. Annual fee is $95 (waived the first year) and 15.99 APR.
2. Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card - Another great credit card for traveling in the U.S. or abroad. You can use points at over 1,100 hotels and resorts and over 150 airlines, with no blackout dates. Check their website for details on points earned on purchases as that changes, but there is a $65 year annual fee (waived the first year) and an interest rate that starts at 15.24 APR.
3. United MileagePlus Explorer Card - This is the card for you if United Airlines is your airline of choice. You can earn double miles on United Airline tickets, no foreign transaction fees, your miles never expire, and you and a companion can check your first bags for free. You also get 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months of signing up. No annual fee the first year, then it is $95 a year thereafter, with a 15.99% APR.
4. Barclaycard Arrival Plus Word Elite MasterCard - This card earns you double mileage points for every $1 you spend, regardless of type of purchase. Additionally, you can earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 in the first 90 days. The annual fee for this card is $89, waived the first year, and the purchase rate is 14.99 APR and in introductory 12-month zero APR on balance transfers.
5. Club Carlson Premier Rewards Visa Signature - Offered through U.S. Bank, this is a great credit card if you like staying at high-end hotels, such as Carlson Rezidor Hotels. As with the other cards listed above, you get points for signing up and points for spending money in the first 90 days, but you also get 40,000 points when you renew your card each year. At 13.99 APR and only $75 annual fee, this is a pretty good deal in our books.
Besides the top 5 credit cards for big spenders listed above, these also made our list:
- Blue Cash Preferred Card From American Express
- Citi Hilton Honors Reserve Card
- Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Premier Card
- Ameriprise World Elite MasterCard
- Platinum Delta Sky Miles Credit Card
Spending money has never been so lucrative and these top credit cards are looking for consumers with excellent credit and who love to use their credit cards. As always, make sure you pick the card that is going to fit into your spending habits, that way you will maximize all that card has to offer. Keep in mind to always pay your balances in full each month so you do not eventually loose your excellent credit status.