ItsANewDay

A step-by-step journey through one mans credit repair.....

7 posts in this topic

Put simply, I intend on chronicling my journey from Credit Repair Infancy to the day I am able to enjoy all the benefits of good credit.  I have spent many hours reading this site and am finally ready to take the slow steps toward improved credit and more financial freedom. It is my hope that along the way someone is helped by my experiences and this thread. Along the way I will edit this post in a step by step manner so as to show the actions taken, progress made, and the time frame for which it happened. Thank you in advance for all of those willing to lend(pun intended) a helping hand! 

1) Order all three CR's-----Oct 16
      Eq---559
      Tu---542
      Ex---585

2) Signed up for Credit Karma and Credit Sesame to track Fako Scores.

3) Put all student loans and mortgage on auto pay plans for first of each month. (payment history a big ding for me)

4) Secured Credit Cards applied for-----Oct 16

5) Unsecured CC approved with 2000 CL

3 people like this

Good luck with your credit repair. I had it done by a company and it worked out real well for me within 3 months. 

Which company did you use? And how much did it cost?

Was it PAID after deletion?

14 hours ago, lindalee said:

Which company did you use? And how much did it cost?

Was it PAID after deletion?

Be VERY careful when considering a "credit repair" business. 

1.  Does your state law require licensing of a credit repair business.?   If so, is the company licensed?

2.  Does the company require payment BEFORE any results are achieved? 

Most (if not all) credit repair companies CANNOT obtain the very same results as those obtained by a proactive  consumer.  If anything, they MIGHT benefit a consumer who doesn't want to be proactively involved in his own credit repair.

Forgot to add originally that I put student loans(7 individual payments is what shows) on auto pay after catching them up. Fako scores already rising.

Credit utilization was big problem. Applied and received unsecured CC with 2000 CL.