Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lsmith

Questions about the process

3 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon, 

 

I have used the search feature to no avail. 

I am looking for information in regards to getting rid of negative items and the timeframe I have. 

I would like to get rid of late payments from 11/14 - 1/15 because I was unemployed. Other than these 3 months, I have had no late payments

I would like to get rid of one late payment from 7/13, Other than this one month I have always been on time.

I would like to get rid of this account which was opened by a family member. 

 

I would also like to get rid of 2 Collections from 12/2014 when I was never given a notice and another one 11/2013

 

My question is am I out of time? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lsmith said:

I would like to get rid of late payments from 11/14 - 1/15 because I was unemployed. Other than these 3 months, I have had no late payments

What would be your reason for dispute with the credit reporting agencies (CRAs)?

 

1 hour ago, lsmith said:

I would like to get rid of one late payment from 7/13, Other than this one month I have always been on time.

I would like to get rid of this account which was opened by a family member. 

Were you merely an authorized user?

 

1 hour ago, lsmith said:

I would also like to get rid of 2 Collections from 12/2014 when I was never given a notice and another one 11/2013

Unless your state laws require notice before reporting to CRAs, furnishers are not required to notify you before reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lsmith said:

I would like to get rid of late payments from 11/14 - 1/15 because I was unemployed. Other than these 3 months, I have had no late payments

I would like to get rid of one late payment from 7/13, Other than this one month I have always been on time.

The only recourse on this is to send a goodwill letter to the lender and see if they will change the entries to ND (no data).  There is no legal basis under the FCRA to get rid of valid accurate late payments through the bureaus.

3 hours ago, lsmith said:

I would like to get rid of this account which was opened by a family member. 

Did you allow the family member to open the account or is it identity theft?  If you are an authorized user that process would be different.

3 hours ago, lsmith said:

I would also like to get rid of 2 Collections from 12/2014 when I was never given a notice and another one 11/2013

There is no requirement you be given any notice before a collection reports to your file.  What type of collections are these and for how much?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0