Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spacecadet50

Disputing Item on Report - Title Loan?

4 posts in this topic

There is an item on my report for the amount of $2,860 for Check n Go. Back in 2011, I had a title loan on my car. Due to financial issues, I sold my car (to a dealer) but they stated I had to pay off the loan. The deducted it from the amount of the sale. I've searched all my paperwork and can't find title loan paperwork to verify if is that same loan. There had never been any other reporting on my credit report except for this one. You'd think if I owed something to Check n Go, they'd have placed something on credit report (I may be wrong). If I am reading this correctly, it shows I opened it in May 2015 and I never opened an account in 2015.

I disputed it online (think that was wrong because I read sticky) and they said it was mine. Do I send a certified letter to Real Time Solutions or Check n Go to validate this item? I am in California and below is how it shows on my CreditKarma account:

REAL TIME RESOLUTIONS
Last reported: Jun 1, 2017

$2,860
Opened May 16, 2015 (2 yrs, 1 mo)
Account status
Open
Type
--
Responsibility
Individual
Remarks
Placed for collection
Original Creditor Name
01 CHECK N GO

On my Creditwise/Transunion Report it shows this:

REAL TIME RS
Collection/Chargeoff Other
$2,860

Status

• Date Reported
    Jun 01, 2017
  • Payment Status
    Collection/Chargeoff
  • Account Status
    Derogatory
  • Amount Past Due
    Not Reported

Account Details

• Original Lender
    01 CHECK N GO
  • Account Number
  • Account Type
    Not Reported
  • Responsibility
    Individual
  • Age Of Account
    2 Years, 1 Months
  • Credit Limit
    Not Reported
  •  
  •  
  • Highest Balance
    $2,861
  •  

45 minutes ago, Spacecadet50 said:

If I am reading this correctly, it shows I opened it in May 2015 and I never opened an account in 2015.

That means the JDB bought the account in 2015 from Check N Go.  That is the earliest they can report is when they bought it.  It does not re-age the debt.

46 minutes ago, Spacecadet50 said:

Do I send a certified letter to Real Time Solutions or Check n Go to validate this item?

You can but since they haven't contacted you they are free to ignore it.

WHEN did you pay off the title loan?  The SOL for suit has expired in CA and if the date of default on the title loan was in 2011 then it should fall off your report in the next few months anyway.

15 minutes ago, Clydesmom said:

That means the JDB bought the account in 2015 from Check N Go.  That is the earliest they can report is when they bought it.  It does not re-age the debt.

You can but since they haven't contacted you they are free to ignore it.

WHEN did you pay off the title loan?  The SOL for suit has expired in CA and if the date of default on the title loan was in 2011 then it should fall off your report in the next few months anyway.

The title loan should have been paid off when I sold my car to the dealer in November 2011. That kind of brings up another issue. The dealer was the one who cut the check to them, not me. So if this is saying they weren't paid, then the dealer didn't pay them. That also means they shorted me.

4 hours ago, Spacecadet50 said:

That kind of brings up another issue. The dealer was the one who cut the check to them, not me. So if this is saying they weren't paid, then the dealer didn't pay them. That also means they shorted me.

There is no way for the dealer to have gotten clear title without paying it off.

Start with Check N Go and find out what they claim the debt is for.