Articles on How to Settle Your Debts, Do-It-Yourself Debt Settlement Techniques
Debt Settlement - Our Six Articles to Help You Get Out of Debt
- How to Settle Debts on Your Own - All the information you will need to settle your debts for pennies on the dollar. Learn how to get out of debt by negotiating with your creditors.
- Negotiate Your Credit Rating with the Collection Agency - Insist on a complete removal of the collection from your report - we will show you how.
- Paying Your Settlements - Can you be sued by a creditor after your debt is settled?
- Debt Negotiation Success Stories - Here are some real examples posted by some of our forum members.
- Debt Negotiation or Debt Settlement? - We show you the difference between a debt negotiation company and a debt settlement company.
- Learn How to Negotiate Medical Debt - If your medical bills have gone to collections, we will show you how to negotiate a settlement with your creditors.
Do-It-Yourself Debt Settlement Techniques
- Do-It-Yourself Debt Settlement Strategies - Yes you can settle your debt on your own and you can settle them for pennies on the dollar.
- How to Negotiate Debt with Original Creditors - Dealing with the original creditor requires different tactics than dealing with a collection agency.
- Can You Pay For a Delete? - A powerful method for removing collections from your credit report.
- Using the Debt Validation Method - The ultimate weapon against collection agencies.
- How to Protect Yourself from Zombie Debt - Very old debt is referred to as zombie debt. Know your legal rights before talking to a collection agency about any very old debt - you may not owe it.
- What is a Junk Debt Buyer? - Important to know if you are negotiating your debts on your own.
- Debt Free Dos and Don'ts - If you are trying to rid yourself of debt, make sure you know the dos and don'ts of becoming debt free so you won't hurt your credit score.
- Eliminate and Reduce Debt - Look at ways you can reduce your debt with a number of helpful techniques.
- Debt Settlement Video - In Episode 6 of our 12-part video series, we offer tips on what to do if you are drowning in debt.
Medical Debt, Credit Card Debt, Student Loan Debt, Title Loan Debt
- How to Deal With Medical Debt and Hospital Bills - Medical bills are the number one reason for filing bankruptcy. We have tips to help you get your medical bills paid.
- Women Have More Credit Card Debt Than Men - Could one of the many differences between the sexes be the fact that women have more debt than men?
- Who Inherits Credit Card Debt After Someone's Dies? - If a loved one recently passed away, what happens to their credit card debt and who, if anyone, will inherit their debt?
- Credit Card Debt Lawsuits Are Plagued by Robo-Signing - You can win a lawsuit from a credit card company because of their lack of documentation and robo-signing. Learn how to get this suit dismissed.
- How to Manage Student Loan Debt - If you are up to your limit in federal student loan debt, read our article to learn how to manage your debt through consolidation or paying them off.
- Ten Tips For College Grads to Manage Debt - After spending four years getting your degree, the last thing you want to deal with is overwhelming debt. We have some tips to help you manage or minimize your debt.
- How Predatory Lending Practices Are Hurting Our Troops - See why our military personnel are getting further and further into debt by falling victim to predatory lending practices.
Legal Issues When Settling Your Debts
- Fight a Debt Lawsuit - If you have been sued by a collection agency, we have some ways you can fight a debt lawsuit and win.
- Can Debts Discharged in a Bankruptcy "Spring Back" to Life - Even if your debt is discharged in a bankruptcy, you might still get hounded by the original creditor.
- What is a 1099-C IRS Form? - Learn what a 1099-C form is and when it is used in debt settlement.
- Seven Steps for Dealing with a 1099-C - If you received an IRS form 1099-C, read this article to find out how to deal with it.
- How to Keep Debt Collectors From Ruining Your Credit - Make sure you don't let debt collectors lower your credit score. Learn how to deal with them before any damage is done.
General Information on Debt
- How to Handle Debts During a Break-Up - If you are in the middle of a divorce, it is a good idea to take care of all mutual debts during this process. We have tips on how to handle your joint debts during a break-up.
- Debt Settlement Myths - There is a lot of misinformation out there about debt settlement and using a debt settlement company. We have exposed the top 13 myths.
- Bad Habits That Keep You in Debt - You might not know it, but you might have some bad spending habits that are keeping you broke. Learn how to turn these bad habits into money making habits.
- Debt Can Be a Significant Problem for Newlyweds - Newly married young adults seem to have far more debt to deal with than couples did years ago. Read our tips for newlyweds that will help them dig out of overwhelming debt.
- What Happens to My Debt if I Move Out of the Country? - Find out what legal recourse creditors have if you move out of the U.S.
- Use a Personal Loan to Pay Off Debts - A great way to consolidate and pay off debts is by taking out a personal loan. See how this underused tool can work for you.
- Reasons Why Debt is Rising Among Older Americans - You would think that as you got older, your debts got smaller. That is not the case anymore with more of our older population getting further and further into debt.
- Why Do Generation Y-ers Have So Much Bad Debt? - Millennials, or Generation Y, kids seem to rack up a lot more debt than Gen X kids. Why is this and what causes them to spend more than they make?
- Handling the Stress of Debt - Worrying about your finances causes stress but we have some ideas on how to deal with the anxiety over your debt.
- Are You In Debt Denial? - The first step toward debt relief if getting out of debt denial. See if you are in denial by reading our 18 questions to gauge your level of debt denial.
- Delinquent Debt Statistics - Here are four common delinquent debt scenarios and what to do to avoid becoming a statistic.
- Personal Debt May Not Be Your Fault - Ever think that maybe all of your personal debt may not be entirely your fault.
- Questions to Ask Yourself Before Taking on Any More Debt - Before you take on any more debt, we have some tough questions to ask yourself before you take the plunge.
- Protect Your Child's College Fund From Debt Collectors - Learn how to protect your kid's college fund from the long reach of debt collectors.
Consumer Credit Counseling Services and Debt Relief Services
- Consumer Credit Counseling Services - Is this the right method for you for getting out of debt?
- Consumer Credit Counseling ~ According to CCCS - We gave CCCS the chance to explain their services - read this article to see what they had to say.
- Will Debt Relief Affect Your Credit? - There are many options to relieve yourself of debt but you need to make sure the one you choose will help your credit - not hurt it.
Information on Debt Consolidation Companies
- Debt Consolidation Firm Regulations Take Effect Sept 27, 2010 - The FTC put together new debt relief rules for these firms to follow.
- Debt Consolidation Companies - The not-so good, the bad and the ugly.
- How to Find a Reputable Debt Consolidation Company - We have put together some helpful hints you should follow when looking for a debt consolidation company.
- How to Get Out of a Debt Consolidation Program - There are a lot of bad programs out there and we will show you how to get out of one.