Free Credit Repair Letters - Letters to Fix Your Credit and Letters to Remove Inaccurate Information
Last Updated: April 2017
Repairing your credit on your own can seem like a daunting task. That is why we have crafted these free sample credit repair letters for you to use. You might not know exactly what to say to a creditor or a collection agency, which is why we came up with these easy to use templates for you to follow. Word of warning - do not just simply copy and paste these letters! You need to personalize them to your unique situation. If you don't see a letter you need, go to our bookstore where you can purchase over 95 letters for instant download. We hope you find these useful - Good Luck!
Credit Repair Letters - Send to Credit Reporting Bureaus
- Credit Dispute Letter - Removal of Inaccurate Information This credit dispute letter can be sent to all three credit reporting agencies when disputing inaccurate information found on your credit reports.
- Shorten Version of Our Credit Dispute Letter This letter is a shorter version of original credit dispute letter. This letter is short and sweet and lets you list each item you are disputing.
- Follow Up Letter to Original Credit Dispute Letter If you have not heard back from one or more credit bureaus after 30 days, send this letter asking them to address your original dispute.
- 30 Day Dispute Period Has Passed and Credit Bureaus Must Delete Disputed Accounts - A variation of the letter above but this one quotes the FCRA as supporting the fact they must reply in 30 days or remove items that are in dispute.
- Letter Requesting Removal of Inquiries - If you find an unauthorized credit inquiry on your credit report, send this letter to the creditor asking them to remove the inquiry from your credit file.
- Collection Agency Won't Validate Your Debt But the Credit Bureau Says It's Verified - Send this letter to the credit reporting bureau asking them to investigate a debt which is being collected by a debt collector.
- Notification to a Credit Bureau That You Are Filing a Lawsuit Against Them - Had enough of the games being played by the credit bureau? File a lawsuit against them and let them know - chances are they will be more accommodating in your requests.
Credit Repair Letters - Send to Original Creditors
- Agreement Between You and Your Creditor to Reduce Your Debt - When settling a debt with a creditor, it is important you get the agreement in writing. Use this letter to confirm the arrangement.
- Request to Original Creditor to Investigate a Negative Listing - Requesting the original creditor to remove negative information from your credit report and investigate the incorrect information.
- Goodwill Letter to a Creditor to Remove a Negative Listing - If you have some late payments on your credit report, ask the creditor to remove them by explaining your unfortunate circumstances.
Credit Repair Letters - Send to Collection Agencies
- Request to a Collection Agency to Validate a Debt - Send this to a debt collector asking them to validate a debt they claim you owe to them.
- Simple Letter Requesting a Debt Collector to Validate a Debt - Short letter asking a debt collector to validate the debt they are trying to collect from you.
- Letter Requesting a Collection Agency Cease and Desist All Contact with You - Getting phone calls and letters from collection agencies? Send this cease and desist letter to them and they have to stop harassing you.
- Letter to a Collection Agency to Stop Reporting Zombie Debt - If a collection agency is trying to collect on a debt which is outside the statute of limitations, send them this letter.
- Notification to the Collection Agency That You Are Filing Suit Against Them - A letter informing the collection agency that you are going to file a lawsuit against them.
Sample Credit Repair Letters for Unique Circumstances
The letters listed below are for special circumstances which may occasionally come up while you are fixing your credit. We have given you some guidelines for using these letters but you have to make sure to edit them to fit your situation. Do not just copy and paste these letters. We are giving you merely a starting point from which to begin addressing these types of special circumstances.
- Motion to Vacate a Judgment
- Special Breaks on Full Payment Laws to Californians - A Debt Consolidation Strategy
- How to Write a Letter Explaining Mortgage and/or Other Late Payments When Applying for Credit
- Hardship Letter Explaining Why You Need a Mortgage Restructuring Loan
- Letter to Dispute Collection Activities on a Motor Vehicle Repossession
- Requesting ChexSystems to Validate and Remove Inaccurate Information
Please note: You will NEVER find the exact letter for your situation. You have to change the language in these sample letters to match your situation - don't be afraid to do this. Late payments, bankruptcies, charge-offs are all interchangeable terms on these credit repair and debt validation letters. You don't know how many times we've heard the question, "Do you have a letter for disputing a bankruptcy?" The answer is YES, you take out the words "this credit card" and substitute "this bankruptcy" in the credit dispute letter - get the idea? The reasons for disputes are also interchangeable.
Also, please READ the letters before sending them off to make sure you are addressing all of your contentions. If you just copy and paste the wording from your sample letters, you will fail in your efforts. These sample letters are meant to give you ideas on what to say. Don't get hung up on crafting the perfect letter - just know what you are saying and make sure they will understand what you are presenting to them.