Free Credit Repair Letter Templates - Letters to Validate Debt, Credit Report Dispute Letters
Free Sample Credit Repair Letters and Templates
Letters to Send to the Credit Bureaus
- Request Removal of Inaccurate Information - This is first letter to use to start repairing your credit. This goes to all three CRA's when you are disputing inaccurate information on your credit reports.
- Another Letter to Request Removal of Inaccurate Information - A shorter version of the letter above, it is short and sweet and lets you list each item you are disputing.
- Follow Up Letter to Your Request for Removal of Inaccurate Information - After 30 days, if you have not heard back from one or more credit bureaus, send this letter asking to address your original dispute letter.
- 30 Day Dispute Period Has Passed and Credit Bureaus Must Delete Disputed Accounts - A variation of the letter above but this one quotes the FCRA as supporting the fact they must reply in 30 days or remove items.
- Letter Requesting Removal of Inquiries - If you find unauthorized credit inquiries on your credit reports, you can send this letter to the creditor asking them to remove the inquiry from your credit.
- Collection Agency Won't Validate Your Debt But the Credit Bureau Says It's Verified - Send This to the Credit Bureau - This letter is used to validate a debt which is being collected by a collection agency.
- Notification to a Credit Bureau That You Are Filing a Lawsuit Against Them - Had enough of the games being played by the credit bureau? File a lawsuit against them and let them know - chances are they will be more accommodating in your requests.
Letters to Send to Original Creditors
- Agreement Between You and Your Creditor to Reduce Your Debt - When settling a debt with a creditor, it is important you get the agreement in writing. Use this letter to confirm the arrangement.
- Request to Original Creditor to Investigate a Negative Listing - Requesting the original creditor to remove negative information from your credit report and investigate the incorrect information.
- Goodwill Letter to a Creditor to Remove a Negative Listing - If you have some late payments on your credit report, ask the creditor to remove them by explaining your unfortunate circumstances.
Letters to Send to Collection Agencies
- Request to a Collection Agency to Validate a Debt - This is another version of a debt validation letter.
- Simple Letter Requesting a Collection Agency to Validate a Debt - Short letter asking a collection agency to validate the debt they are trying to collect from you.
- Letter Requesting a Collection Agency Cease and Desist All Contact with You - Getting phone calls and letters from collection agencies? Send this cease and desist letter to them and they have to stop harassing you.
- Letter to a Collection Agency to Stop Reporting Zombie Debt - If a collection agency is trying to collect on a debt which is outside the statute of limitations, send them this letter.
- Notification to the Collection Agency That You Are Filing Suit Against Them - A letter informing the collection agency that you are going to file a lawsuit against them.
Letters for Unique Circumstances
The letters listed below are for special circumstances which may occasionally come up while fixing your credit. We have given you some guidelines for using these letters but you have to make sure to edit them to fit your situation. Do not just copy and paste these letters! We are giving you merely a starting point from which to begin addressing these types of special circumstances.
- Motion to Vacate a Judgment
- Special Breaks on Full Payment Laws to Californians - A Debt Consolidation Strategy
- How to Write a Letter Explaining Mortgage and/or Other Late Payments When Applying for Credit
- Hardship Letter Explaining Why You Need a Mortgage Restructuring Loan
- Letter to Dispute Collection Activities on a Motor Vehicle Repossession
- Requesting ChexSystems to Validate and Remove Inaccurate Information
Please note: You will NEVER find the exact letter for your situation. You have to change the language in these sample letters to match your situation - don't be afraid to do this. Late payments, bankruptcies, charge-offs are all interchangeable terms on these credit repair and debt validation letters. You don't know how many times we've heard the question, "Do you have a letter for disputing a bankruptcy?" The answer is YES, you take out the words "this credit card" and substitute "this bankruptcy" in the credit dispute letter - get the idea? The reasons for disputes are also interchangeable.
Also, please READ the letters before sending them off. If you just copy and paste forms you find on the internet, you will FAIL in your efforts. These sample letters are meant to give you ideas on what to say. Don't get hung up on crafting the perfect letter - just know what you are saying!