Articles on Investments, Retirement Plans, Personal Finance
Whether you are twenty-something or in your fifties, it is never too late to start thinking about retirement. A good retirement account is hinged on good investments years prior to retirement age. We have put together a few articles that explore investment opportunities and retirement account programs, which might fit into your portfolio. As always, it is a good idea to talk to a well-qualified financial advisor before you make any decisions.
Investing for Retirement
- Using a Self-directed IRA When Investing - Learn the ins and outs of this type of retirement account and see if this is the type of investment you are looking for to build up your nest egg.
- Target Date Retirement Funds Pros and Cons - Before you invest in a target date retirement fund, make sure you understand the pros and cons of such a product. As always, it is a good idea to also talk to your financial advisor first.
- What Happens When Pension Plans Terminate - You paid into a pension plan your entire career but now it has been terminated. This is happening more and more so you need to be aware of your rights and what to do if you lose your pension.
- Limits When Contributing to Retirement Savings Plans - Here is an easy to understand breakdown of how much you can contribute to a 401(k), IRA, or an MyRA retirement savings account.
- Painless 401K Investing for the New Hire - If you recently started a new job, this is the best and easiest time to start a 401K savings plan. Start planning now for your future retirement.
Strategies for Your Investment Portfolio
- Tips on Finding a Good Financial Planner - Finding a competent professional to help you manage your investments is crucial to a successful moneymaking portfolio. We have some tips you can use to find a good financial planner.
- Basics You Need to Know About Stocks - Investing in the stockmarket can be a great way to make and lose money. Get the basics on buying and selling stocks and how to add them to your investment portfolio.
- Is Investing in Gold a Good Idea? - Over the last fifteen years, investors have seen prices of gold skyrocket. Is it too late to buy gold or will it continue it's upward climb?
- How and Why to Roll Over a 401(k) - If you leave an employer, you should take your 401(k) fund with you. Learn how and why you should roll over your 401(k) account.
- Investing in Bonds - Get the Basics - Adding bonds to your investment portfolio may be a great alternative to a simple savings account. Learn the basics about bonds before you invest so you get the right product to fit your needs.
- Using CD's as an Investment Option - We have put together 17 things you should know about certificates of deposit (CDs).
- How to Invest in Money Market Accounts - Here are 14 things you need to know if you are thinking about investing your money in a money market deposit account.
- 9 Things to Know About Mutual Funds - Investing in mutual funds is the most popular investment vehicle for small investors. Big or small, as investor, you need to know all about mutual funds before you invest your money.
- Sharing Economy 101 - The sharing economy is also known as collaborative consumption. Learn how people make money, save money, and promote sustainability with peer to peer business.