Information on Student Loans, Financial Aid, Student Loan Consolidation and College Degrees
Finding Money for College and the Best College Degrees
If you have a child in high school that is thinking about going to college, or if you are a college graduate thinking about pursuing a master's degree, coming up with the money to pay for college is a daunting task to say the least. Every year tuition for out-of-state and in-state students continues to soar, making it harder and harder for families to send their kids to college.
We have put together some great articles covering everything from how to get a student loan to whether or not that degree in psychology is going to make you any money after graduation. Hopefully these article will provide you and your family with the information you will need to calm your fears about paying for higher education.
Student Loans, Financial Aid, and Finding Money to Pay for College
- Information on Student Loans - This article contains everything you need to know about student loans from how to apply for one to how to avoid defaulting on one. This is a must read if you are looking for money to pay for college tuition.
- Financial Aid Shopping Sheet - Developed by the CFPB, this guide helps breakdown college costs and compares these costs to other colleges and universities.
- Federal Student Aid - As tuition costs continue to rise every year, financial aid is becoming more in demand to help defer these costs. See if it can help you pay for college.
- Finding Money For College - We have put together ten tips for finding scholarship money to pay for part or all of your child's college tuition.
- Student Loan and College Guide - We put together a series of articles aimed at student loans and the best and worst college degrees.
Student Loan Consolidation and How to Avoid Defaulting on Your Student Loan
- Student Loan Consolidation - If you have more than one student loan, consolidating those loans might be a good idea. Read our article on the pros and cons of consolidating your student loans.
- How to Avoid Student Loan Debt - Before you sign all those student loan papers, we have some ways you can minimize all of that student loan debt.
- Student Loan Forgiveness - If you hold a public service job, see if you qualify for partial or total student loan debt forgiveness.
- How to Avoid Defaulting on a Student Loan - Are you behind on your student loan payments? Before you let your loans go into default, we have some suggestions to help you out of this mess.
- Automate Your Student Loan Payments - Ever forget to make your student loan payment? If so, you might want to try setting up automatic payments.
Best and Worst College Degrees
- Degrees Worth the Student Loan Debt - Will having a master's degree be worth all the debt you will incur? See our list of the degrees that are worth the debt.
- Best and Worst College Degrees by Salary - While most people would agree you should do what you love, here are the best and worst paying college majors.