Articles on Mortgage Loans, Short Sales, Home Equity Loans, Foreclosures
Information on Mortgage Loans, Short Sales, and Foreclosures
- Pay Off Your Mortgage Early - Save thousands in interest by paying off your mortgage early using some of our payment techniques.
- Balloon Loans - Are They Right For You - When buying a home, there are a lot of loan products offered by banks and other lending institutions. Is a balloon loan right for you?
- Short Sale Can Be An Alternative to Foreclosure - If you are upside down on your mortgage, a short sale might be a good alternative to going through a foreclosure.
- Facing Foreclosure - Consider These Alternatives - Many homeowners are facing a foreclosure on their home. We have some tips on how you might be able to avoid a foreclosure.
- Understanding Adjustable Rate Mortgage Loans - When shopping for a home loan, check to see if an ARMs could be right for you.
- What is a Loan Modification - A loan modification is another method you can use to avoid a foreclosure. Read this article to see if a loan mod can save your house.
- How to Apply for a Loan Modification - If you are going to approach the bank regarding a loan mod, make sure you know how to apply for one.
- Smart Ways to Buy a Home if You Have Bad Credit - If you have bad credit, we have some suggestions for you to clean up your credit so you can qualify for a home loan.
- Should I Buy a Home with Bad Credit? - Having bad credit does not mean you can not buy a house. We will show you how.
- Reverse Mortgages - This type of mortgage is very popular with retired homeowners. But, make sure you read all the facts first before you dive into this type of loan.
- VA Loans - Benefits and Qualification Requirements - Military veterans have access to a wonderful loan product supported by the federal government.
- The Subprime Mortgage Meltdown: Find Help Using the "Hope Now" Initiative - This is a relief initiative signed by President Bush to help homeowners who are upside down on their mortgages.
General Home Loan Information
- Uniform Settlement Statement - Or commonly called HUD-1 Form, itemizes all charges to be paid by a borrower and a seller at the settlement.
- Truth in Lending Statements - This statement outlines fees and costs associated with your loan. See how to read this statement.
- Why Does the Bank Keep Selling My Loan? - Do you keep getting notices in the mail that a new lending institution now controls your loan? Find out why.
- Broker vs Banker - When getting a mortgage, which is better to use - a broker or a banker. We will tell you the difference between the two.
- PMI and Mortgage Points - You need to understand these costs when buying a home. Find out how PMI and mortgage points can factor into the cost of buying a house.
- What Are the Real Costs of a Loan? - This article shows you how a mortgage broker really makes his money on your loan.
- Loan Criteria - There are different types of loans out there - see which one you will qualify for when buying your house.
- Underwriting Guidelines - What banks and other lending institutions use to rate you as a borrower.
- Do I Have "A" Credit? - Learn how to rate your credit score to see if you have a tier one credit rating.
- Should I Lock My Rate - There are definite advantages to locking in your interest rate when applying for your mortgage loan.
- Homebuyer's Dictionary - Home buying jargon can seem a bit foreign. Refer to our list of commonly used terms in the mortgage business and what they mean.
- Mortgage Calculator - Our FREE mortgage calculator will show you your monthly payment with a few inputted values.