Fix your own credit or let us fix it for you.
Search for answers
- Popular Credit Repair Articles:
- Remove Inquiries From Your Credit Reports
- Fix Your Credit Using Our Credit Repair Techniques
- Free Credit Repair Sample Letters
- How to Order Your Credit Reports and Scores
- Remove Collections From Your Credit Report
Let us help
If you don’t know where to begin, let’s start with a free credit report summary & free credit repair consultation.
Repair Your Own Credit? Yes You Can!
Fixing your credit is something you can do for free and on your own. To help you do just that, we have compiled a comprehensive collection of DIY credit repair articles offering free credit repair information. Browse through the list of articles above and you’re sure to find all the free credit repair help you need to do it yourself. Once you learn how to repair bad credit for free, it’s not as difficult or time consuming as you might think. Start repairing your credit today.
Free Credit Repair Advice
Though you might feel otherwise sometimes, you are not your credit score. Stop letting it define you. By using the free credit repair advice you’ll find in our articles, you can work toward getting the credit you deserve – the kind of credit that will enable you to:
- Get a credit card
- Get a home or auto loan
- Qualify for lower interest rates
- Get lower quotes on car insurance
- Empower your financial life
All you need to fix your credit for free is a willingness to do it and the right resources to walk you through the credit repair process every step of the way.
Our Credit Repair Articles Will Get You There
Credit Info Center has been offering free help with credit repair since the website launched in 1995. Today we have one of the most comprehensive collections of credit repair articles – all in one place – covering every aspect of the credit repair process, including:
- Step-by- step instructions on how to repair your credit on your own
- How to request and interpret your credit reports
- Sample letters for disputing listings on your credit reports
- Timetable for repairing your credit in 2 to 3 hours a month
- How to deal with debt collectors
And if there is anything you cannot find an answer to in our articles, you can always ask in our free credit repair forum – an active community of people who can offer free credit repair advice based on their own experiences with the process.
Finding a Credit Repair Company You Can Trust
Though you can fix your credit for free on your own, many people prefer to have help from a credit repair company. That works too, provided you know what to look for and what to avoid.
What to Look for in a Credit Repair Company
You want to work with a credit repair company that:
- Gives you a copy of the Consumer Credit File Rights Under State and Federal Law
- Provides you with a contract that outlines their fees, details of service, any guarantees they offer, and their physical address and phone number
- Gives you ample time to review and sign the contract
What to Avoid in a Credit Repair Company
You do NOT want to work with a credit repair company that:
- Charges you upfront fees before any services have been provided
- Promises they can remove accurate listings from your credit reports
- Says they want to create a new identity for you
First, read through our credit repair articles. Doing so may alleviate any reservations you’re feeling right now about doing your own credit repair for free. If you’re still not sure, and you’d like to at least consider a credit repair company, we recommend Lexington Law.
Lexington Law follows the same credit repair methods we recommend in our own credit repair articles. Plus, they offer a free credit summary and consultation that in no way obligates you.
Better Credit Starts Now
All it takes is just one step to get the ball rolling – whether it’s reading your first credit repair article on how to repair your credit for free or making a phone call to Lexington Law. Either way, you just might find the hardest part of the process is making the decision to start. So why not get the hard part out of the way and decide to get started on credit repair today?