- FREE Credit Counseling
- Sample Letters
- Settle Your Debts
- Debt Validation
- Statute of Limitations on Debt
- Order Your Credit Reports
- Bookmark this Site
- Manuals Creditos En Espanol
How To Do Credit Repair - Free Guide to Fix Your Credit, Repair and Fix My Credit Score With Equifax and Experian
Credit Repair - Repair Your Credit and Increase Your Credit Score
The road to financial freedom starts with good credit and repairing your credit report is the first step. If you have numerous negative items on your credit report, these items will lower your credit score. When you have a low credit score, it is harder for you to get a credit card, a car loan, or a mortgage on the house you want to buy. If you do get a loan, you will end up paying way more in interest than then person with the higher credit score.
Fixing your credit is not difficult and it is something you can do on your own. We here at Credit InfoCenter have put together numerous articles offering free credit repair advice to why or why not to use a credit repair company. Look through the list below and we are sure you will find one or two articles that will help you repair your credit and raise your credit score.
Free Credit Repair
- Repair Your Credit on Your Own - Learning to repair your credit could not be any easier. We have broken it down into simple steps you can follow to fix your credit and increase your credit score. This article takes you through the credit repair process starting with getting and reading your credit report to mailing credit dispute letters to the credit bureaus. Can you fix your credit? Yes you can!
- Credit Repair Tool - Instantly receive a personalized credit repair plan by answering a few simple questions.
- Credit Repair Videos - In our 12-part video series, starring Kristy Welsh and Nookie, you will learn all about credit repair and debt settlement. These short videos are a light hearted and fun way to learn all about settling your debts and repairing your credit.
- Ask a Question About Credit Repair on Our Forum - Visit our credit repair discussion forum and ask your repair or debt settlement questions. There are thousands of visitors posting answers and reading our forum daily.
- Keeping Your Credit in Good Shape - Now that you have repaired your credit, what do you have to do to keep it in good shape? We have six tips for you.
- Free Credit Repair Program - There is nothing a credit repair company can legally do that you can not do yourself. So, we have put together a series of credit repair articles designed to help you fix your credit and increase your credit score.
Credit Repair Information
- "Good Credit is Sexy" - Now in its 4th edition, the self-titled book by author Kristy Welsh, shows you how to repair your credit in her humorous and frank style. This easy to read book is available in paperback (free shipping) or eBook. This book has helped hundreds fix their credit and get out of debt.
- Credit Repair Tips To Use After Filing Bankruptcy - Learn how to repair and rebuild your credit after filing bankruptcy.
- How Long Does the Credit Repair Process Take - Fixing your credit does not take that long. Here we outline a month-to-month schedule where you might spend 2 to 3 hours a month working to repair your credit. Follow our easy steps and before you know it, your credit will be cleared up.
- Myths About Fixing Your Credit - You might hear about some sure fire ways to increase your credit score but not all you hear is true. See what myths you should avoid.
- How to Close a Credit Card Account Without Hurting Your Credit Score - It is possible to close a credit card account without it having a negative impact on your credit.
- On-Time Rent Payments Can Now Help Your Credit - RentBureau, acquired by Experian, is now reporting timely rent payments which can help increase your credit score.
- Ways You Can Ruin Your Credit - There are innocent ways you can ruin your credit and lower your credit score.
- Checking Account Credit Repair - You need to keep an eye on your checking account reports and we have five easy steps to repair a bad report.
- Credit Repair For Couples - If you are married or about to get married, getting your credit in shape can be a joint effort.
- Bad Credit and Employment - Learn about how and why employers can use bad credit against you. Can potential and current employers pull your credit report?
- Can a Short Sale Hurt Your Credit? - Yes it can but this article will show you how to minimize the affects a short sale can have on your score.
- Bad Credit Can Negatively Affect Your Life - In the big picture of credit repair, read about the 11 ways bad credit can affect your life.
Dealing with Credit Bureaus and Original Creditors
- How Does Inaccurate Information Get on Your Credit Report? - Have you recently pulled your credit only to find inaccurate and false information listed. See where this information comes from and how to get if off your report.
- What if a Credit Bureau Refuses to Investigate? - If you have sent dispute letters to the credit bureaus and they are refusing to investigate, what recourse do you have? We will tell you what to do next.
- What if the Credit Bureau is Slow to Respond? - If you have not received a timely response to your dispute, there are steps you can take to move the process along.
- Suing the Credit Bureaus is a powerful tool to use in credit repair. We will show you how to sue your creditors and WIN!
- Disputing with the Original Creditor - Did you know you can dispute a listing with the original creditor? It's a remarkable technique and we can show you how.
- Do You Need to File a Complaint? If a creditor has treated you unfairly, you can file a complaint against them. We have the resources on where to file your complaint.
- How to Find a Creditors Information - You can find all the information you need about a creditor on your credit report.
- Seven Savvy Ways to Keep Your Creditors at Bay - We have seven easy steps you can take to minimize the stress of creditors hounding you to pay your bills.
Removing Negatives, Collections and Inquiries
- How to Keep Medical Collections Off Your Credit Report - Any collection on your credit report is bad, but a medical collection is far worse. Learn how to avoid having your medical debt sent to a collection agency.
- The Cost of Bad Credit - Just how much does bad credit cost you in high interest payments every month. Check out our examples and you will be amazed at the amount of money you can save with a higher credit score.
- How Long Does Negative Information Stay on my Credit Report? - After you have reviewed your credit report, now you need to remove those troublesome negative items. But how long do they stay there?
- Debt Validation - The ultimate weapon to use against the collection agencies.
- Our Step by Step Procedure to Erase Inquiries - Too many inquiries on your credit report may effect your credit score. Our easy to follow steps can help you remove them from your report.
- Five Methods for Removing Collections - If you have an account that has gone into collections, we have five ways you can deal with it.
- Learn How to Remove Judgments From Your Credit Report - Removing a judgment from your credit report is not easy but it can be done. We have three steps you need to follow to get the judgment off your credit.
- Document Your Efforts - Always handle your dispute correspondence via registered or certified mail.
- State Attorney General - The consumer's best friend when it comes to legal issues with your creditors.
Credit Repair Companies
- BBB Reports on Credit Repair Company Scams - Credit repair companies try to take advantage of consumers but the BBB is on their side.
- A Warning about Credit Repair Companies - Not all credit repair companies are worth the money you will spend. Make sure to check out the firm you decide to use or you will just be throwing your money away.
- Why Use a Credit Repair Company? - Are credit repair companies the cure for your credit ails? We'll show you what they really do for you and what to be aware of when hiring one to fix your credit.
- Free Credit Counseling Services - There are services available to help you fix your credit for free.
- Still trying to get BoA of my Credit ReportView Post
- Citi not complying with agreementView Post
- pay for delete...not deleted just updatedView Post
- How to repair credit report if chared off debt is listed under OC and not collection?View Post
- does TRANSUNION ever respondView Post
- Credit Score Alternatives Gaining Ground?Read Article
- Federal Student Loans - How to Manage The Un-ManageableRead Article
- How to Prevent a Debilitating Disease From Bankrupting Your FamilyRead Article
- Credit Card Company Tricks of the Trade - Ways They'll Try to Fool YouRead Article
- Learn How to Remove Judgments From Your Credit ReportRead Article