- FREE Credit Counseling
- Sample Letters
- Settle Your Debts
- Debt Validation
- Statute of Limitations on Debt
- Order Your Credit Reports
- FREE Bankruptcy Evaluation
- Manuals Creditos En Espanol
Articles to Help You Fix Your Credit, Information on Credit Bureaus and Collection Agencies
Repair Your Credit and Increase Your Credit Score
Fixing your credit is not difficult and it is something you can do on your own. We have put together numerous articles offering free credit repair advice, so look through the list below and we are sure you will find one or two articles that will help you repair your credit and raise your credit score.
Free Credit Repair Information
- Repair Your Credit on Your Own - Learning to repair your credit could not be any easier. We have broken it down into simple steps you can follow to fix your credit and increase your credit score. This article takes you through the credit repair process starting with getting and reading your credit report to mailing credit dispute letters to the credit bureaus. Can you fix your credit? Yes you can!
- Tools For Improving Your Credit - Instantly get a personalized credit plan by answering a few simple questions.
- Watch Our Instructional Videos - Our 12-part series, starring Kristy Welsh and Nookie, will help you learn all about credit, debt, and bankruptcy.
- Ask Your Questions in Our Forum - Our active forum community can help answer your questions about repairing or rebuilding your credit.
- Keeping Your Credit in Good Shape - Now that you have repaired your credit, what do you have to do to keep it in good shape? We have six tips for you.
- Free Programs - You can do-it-yourself! Anything that a credit repair company can do, you can do yourself. Our articles will help you get on the right path.
- 15 Questions to Answer When Fixing Your Credit - Solving your credit repair problems starts with answering the tough credit repair questions.
More Articles About Credit Repair
- "Good Credit is Sexy" - Now in its 4th edition, the self-titled book by author Kristy Welsh, shows you how to repair your credit in her humorous and frank style. This easy to read book is available in paperback (free shipping) or eBook. This book has helped hundreds fix their credit and get out of debt.
- Bouncing Back After Bankruptcy - Learn how to rebuild your credit after filing bankruptcy.
- How Long Does the Credit Repair Process Take - Fixing your credit does not take that long. Here is a month-to-month schedule to follow for immediate results.
- Credit Myths - Everyone seems to have financial advice, and there is a lot of misinformation out there. See what myths you should avoid.
- Safely Close a Credit Card Account - Close your unused credit card accounts without negatively impacting your credit rating.
- How Paying Rent Can Help Your Credit - RentBureau, acquired by Experian, is now reporting timely rent payments which can help increase your credit score.
- Common Mistakes That Ruin Your Credit - Learn about common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Checking Account Can Impact Your Credit - Negative checking account activity can hurt your credit. Learn how to manage your money more effectively.
- Fixing Credit as a Couple - Work with your spouse to improve your credit rating.
- Can Bad Credit Affect Your Employment? - Potential and current employers could use bad credit against you. Is it legal for them to look at your credit report?
- Do Short Sales Hurt Your Credit? - Yes, but there are some things you can do to minimize the damage.
- Poor Credit Can Negatively Impact Your Life - Our credit scores impact our lives in countless ways. Read about some of the real, practical problems.
- Ways to Keep Your Credit in Check While on Vacation - The last thing you want is to ruin your credit because of a vacation trip.
- Landing a Good Job May Depend on Your Good Credit - More and more employers are pulling credit reports as part of the job interview process. Some jobs require good credit.
Dealing with Credit Bureaus and Original Creditors
- Spotting Inaccurate Information on Your Credit Report - Learn where inaccurate information comes from and how to remove it.
- What if a Credit Bureau Refuses to Investigate? - Let us show you some options if a credit bureau refuses to investigate your dispute.
- What if the Credit Bureau is Slow to Respond? - There are time limits within which a credit bureau must respond.
- Suing a Creditor - It is possible to sue your creditors and actually win.
- Dispute the Listing - You can dispute a listing with the original creditor - learn how.
- Filing a Complaint If a creditor is treating you unfairly, we can provide the resources you will need to file a complaint.
- Find a Creditor's Information - You can get all the information you need about a creditor on your credit report.
- Seven Important Tips for Handling Creditors - These steps can help you minimize the stress of creditors hounding you all the time.
Removing Negatives, Collections and Inquiries
- Keep Medical Collections Off Your Credit Report - Any collection on your credit report is bad, but you can stop medical debt from being sent to a collection agency.
- The Cost of Bad Credit - Bad credit cost you more money in higher interest rates. See the amount of money you can save with a better credit score.
- When Do Negatives Items Disappear? - Negative information may follow you for a long time. Learn what to expect.
- Debt Validation - This is an effective tool to use against collection agencies.
- Erase Inquiries - Our easy to follow steps will remove inquiries from your report.
- Remove Collections - These five methods help remove collections from your credit report.
- Eliminate Judgments - We will show you three steps to get a judgment off your credit.
- Document Your Efforts - Always handle your dispute correspondence via registered or certified mail.
- State Attorney General - The consumer's best friend when it comes to legal issues with your creditors.
Credit Repair Companies
- BBB Reports on Credit Repair Company Scams - Credit repair companies try to take advantage of consumers but the BBB is on their side.
- A Warning about Credit Repair Companies - Not all credit repair companies are worth the money you will spend. Make sure to check out the firm you decide to use or you will just be throwing your money away.
- Why Use a Credit Repair Company? - Are credit repair companies the cure for your credit ails? We'll show you what they really do for you and what to be aware of when hiring one to fix your credit.
- Free Credit Counseling Services - There are services available to help you fix your credit for free.
- Should I get a new Report after investigation?View Post
- JDB Credit reporting questionView Post
- making progressView Post
- Getting Started - Expert Help or GuidanceView Post
- Take Out Installment Loan to Boost Credit Score?View Post
- See Our Targeted Articles on How to Fix Your Credit ReportRead Article
- Learn How to Vacate a JudgmentRead Article
- Repair Your Credit and Increase Your Credit ScoreRead Article
- Why Bankruptcy Fraud is Rarely Caught and ProsecutedRead Article
- Zombie Debt: Protecting Yourself From Old Debt ScavengersRead Article