Fix your own credit or let us fix it for you.
Search for answers
- Popular Credit Repair Articles:
- Remove Inquiries From Your Credit Reports
- Fix Your Credit Using Our Credit Repair Techniques
- Free Credit Repair Sample Letters
- How to Order Your Credit Reports and Scores
- Remove Collections From Your Credit Report
Let us help
If you don’t know where to begin, let’s start with a free credit report summary & free credit repair consultation.
Fixing your credit is something you can do on your own or you can hire a credit repair company to do it for you. If you want to try your hand at repairing your credit, we have compiled a comprehensive collection of DIY credit repair articles offering free credit repair information. Browse through the list of articles above, or use the article search feature, and you’re sure to find all the free credit repair help you need to do it yourself. Once you learn how to repair bad credit for free, it’s not as difficult or time consuming as you might think. Start repairing your credit today!
Free Credit Repair Information
Stop letting bad credit define you. By using the free credit repair advice you’ll find in our articles, you can work toward getting the good credit you deserve – the kind of credit that will enable you to buy the house or car of your dreams. Below are just a few of the articles found at Credit Info Center that will help you repair your credit on your own.
- 15 Questions to Answer When Fixing Your Credit - Solving your credit repair problems starts with answering the tough credit repair questions.
- Free Credit Repair Program – Listing of all the do-it-yourself tips all in one place.
- Credit Repair Myths - Everyone seems to have advice, and there is a lot of misinformation out there. See what myths you should avoid.
- Common Mistakes That Ruin Your Credit - Learn about common mistakes and how to avoid them.
- Should I Close my Credit Card Account? - Learn how to close your unused credit card accounts without negatively impacting your credit rating.
- Glossary of Credit Repair Terms – Before you start fixing your credit, make sure you understand all the credit repair jargon so you won’t be confused.
All you need to fix your credit for free is a willingness to do it and the right resources to walk you through the credit repair process every step of the way.
Credit Repair Articles Will Get You There
Credit Info Center has been offering free help with credit repair since the website launched in 1995. Today we have one of the most comprehensive collections of credit repair articles – all in one place – covering every aspect of the credit repair process, including:
- Step-by- step instructions on how to repair your credit on your own
- How to request and interpret your credit reports
- Sample letters for disputing listings on your credit reports
- Timetable for repairing your credit in 2 to 3 hours a month
- Learn the correct method to sending disputes to creditors and credit bureaus
And if there is anything you cannot find an answer to in our articles, you can always ask in our free credit repair forum – an active community of people who can offer free credit repair advice based on their own experiences with the process.
Find a Credit Repair Company
Though you can fix your credit for free on your own, many people prefer to have help from a credit repair company. That works too, provided you know what to look for and what to avoid.
What to Look for in a Credit Repair Company
You want to work with a credit repair company that:
- Gives you a copy of the Consumer Credit File Rights Under State and Federal Law
- Provides you with a contract that outlines their fees, details of service, any guarantees they offer, and their physical address and phone number
- Gives you ample time to review and sign the contract
What to Avoid in a Credit Repair Company
You do NOT want to work with a credit repair company that:
- Charges you upfront fees before any services have been provided
- Promises they can remove accurate listings from your credit reports
- Says they want to create a new identity for you
Credit Repair Company Recommendations
First, read through a few of the articles below:
- BBB Reports on Credit Repair Company Scams - Credit repair companies try to take advantage of consumers but the BBB is on their side.
- Warning about Credit Repair Companies - Not all credit repair companies are worth the money you will spend. Make sure to check out the firm you decide to use or you will just be throwing your money away.
- Why Use a Credit Repair Company? - Are credit repair companies the cure for your credit ails? We'll show you what they really do for you and what to be aware of when hiring one to fix your credit.
- Free Credit Counseling Services - There are services available to help you fix your credit for free.
Doing so may alleviate any reservations you’re feeling right now about using a credit repair company or doing it on your own. If you’re still not sure, and you’d like to at least consider a credit repair company, we recommend Lexington Law.
Lexington Law follows the same credit repair methods we recommend in our own credit repair articles. Plus, they offer a free credit summary and consultation that in no way obligates you.
Better Credit Starts Now
All it takes is just one step to get the ball rolling – whether it’s reading your first credit repair article on how to repair your credit for free or making a phone call to Lexington Law. Either way, you just might find the hardest part of the process is making the decision to start. So why not get the hard part out of the way and decide to get started on credit repair today?