Four Advantages of Credit Repair
Byline: Caitlin Moffitt on behalf of Lexington Law Firm
Credit affects so many aspects of life. Having good credit may be the deciding factor in getting a loan or not. A credit score may influence a potential employer’s hiring decision, or the landlord’s approval for potential renters.
According to a study published by Lexington Law Firm, "Of those who have a bad or fair credit score, 30 percent say they are prevented from fixing/taking action on their credit score because it is too expensive to fix it."
However, hiring a credit repair law firm to do the work for you may cost far less than most realize — plus having professionals do the tedious work for you may be more beneficial in the long run. For example, paying a monthly fee for credit repair now may save you money when you apply for a new line of credit; a higher credit score may help lower interest rates on a loan or mortgage, helping you save money in the future.
Here are 4 advantages to using a competent credit repair company such as Lexington Law Firm:
- They take charge. By signing up for credit repair services through a credit repair company like Lexington Law Firm, you’re letting the professionals take charge of working with creditors and credit bureaus on your behalf, to resolve issues.
- It’s their time - not yours. Working on credit repair can be a very long and tedious process. There are many different laws and communications that can be leveraged for each questionable credit report item. In addition, there are various situations that may require challenging items with the original creditors, collection agencies, credit bureaus, or all three of these. By paying for credit repair, you are giving the professionals the responsibility of reviewing your credit reports, gathering information, drafting letters, following-up, etc. Giving a company the responsibility of repairing your credit allows you to free up your personal time to do other tasks you want or need to do, instead of worrying about reviewing your credit report for inaccuracies.
- They know the laws. Thorough knowledge and understanding of these laws allows credit repair companies to help clients get the credit they deserve. Credit professionals will leverage federal laws to your favor. A professional company is familiar with and compliant to laws such as:
- The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
- The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA).
- The Fair Credit Billing Act (FCBA).
- And other consumer protection statutes.
"Credit repair is advantageous because it’s a finite service that provides long-term benefits. Once you have successfully challenged your questionable credit reports, your credit score is likely to improve in turn," says Randy Padawer, a consumer psychologist and education specialist who consults for Lexington Law. "Remember that credit scores depend upon fair and accurate credit reports, and a professional credit repair service may help to ensure that outcome."