If the thought of repairing your own credit seems crazy, naïve, or just plain hard, you need a good talking to. In fact, DIY credit repair is your sanest, wisest, and simplest option – far better than paying someone else to do it or simply doing nothing at all.
DIY credit repair is not difficult.
There is a simple, step-by-step process you can follow to repair your credit on your own. It looks something like this:
- Request copies of your credit reports.
- Send dispute letters to the credit bureaus.
- Repeat credit bureau disputes as necessary.
- Dispute with original creditors or collection agencies, need be.
- Settle debts that cannot be resolved via the dispute process.
- Add positive credit history.
We have all the resources you need to repair your own credit.
Here is the best place to start. You’ll find all the information and links here you need to:
- Order your credit reports
- Analyze them
- Rank negative items
- Draft your letters of dispute (we have templates)
- Mail and document your communications
- Resubmit your disputes, need be
You can always turn to our friendly, free credit repair forum for help.
Have a question you cannot find an answer to anywhere else? Ask it in our free credit repair forum. It’s very active and full of people with good advice who will likely know the answer or, at the very least, where to find it.
It matters more to you than to anyone.
Sure, you could pay someone to fix your credit. But even the most legitimate of credit repair companies won’t have your same level of investment in how things turn out. That personal connection – financially, psychologically, and emotionally – will go a long way toward inspiring you to work harder and smarter than anyone else to get the job done right and timely.