All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Today
  2. My apologies. I received summons, and had to file my answer. I received a copy of summons from Malen, even though they claimed I was served.
  3. Were they able to garnish wages or put a lien on your bank account? Having the same issue, any update?
  4. You REALLY need a lawyer. This is very complicated. Use the link I provided to find one or more to consult and get opinions. A divorce attorney has likely seen this before and knows what to do. The son's car is complicated. Your car less so. My guess is you would start with Well's Fargo.
  5. What do you mean that you responded to “judgment”? What exactly did you receive from Malen?
  6. The plates are not current. Not military. I don't think I can get it registered which is the problem. We had one checking account together, it was withdrawn, as soon as it was current I canceled my part as he took my economic payments. No joint credit cards. My main concern is the car. It is from 2006. I don't know what my options are but I have to fix it somehow. I can't deal with that stress. Contacted a consumer/bk attorney who said he didn't know what to do or who I could talk to for help which led me here. I really appreciate the supportive comments. How do I find out what would be involved in keeping the car and what happens if I need to give it back to the bank? I don't know anything about this. I know I need to contact a divorce attorney. Hard to know who is good. My son also has a car that is in my husband's name, but son paid for it. My husband stopped making insurance payments on it when he left so they canceled his registration too and so he can't register it either. So I have both car issues and trying to find solutions. I would really appreciate help.
  7. You haven't mentioned anything about the details of the case. What is the amount? What law firm is it? They actually showed up?
  8. Yesterday
  9. Prosper sent letter in 2017 stating charge off to Velocity Investmena. I started to receive collection letters from various law firms. The last firm is Malen & Associates in 2019. Never with a settlement. I always request validation. They sent charge off letter, bill of sale, sale certificate with last 4 digits of "my account #". Everything is redacted. I was never served, but received copy via mail from Malen. I responded to judgement. Now I have a pre trial date for 8/18/21. What happens at pre trial conference? Should I go the arbitration route? Debt $22,206.
  10. You haven't even given us the names of these agencies, so we can't help you without that information.
  11. (miscellaneous reptg. agencies) These people are on my and my fiances credit and we don't know who they are. Does anyo9ne know or have any idea who they are ?? Thank you for your help Matilda
  12. The first thing you need to do is consult a good divorce attorney. Most will do a first consult for free. There are many options available to track his worthless a$$ down and make him pay temporary support as well as your legal fees as the separation and divorce is hashed out. DO NOT wait for him to file in another state. The attorney can advise you on the best way to handle the issue with the car with the least risk to you and your children. You can use the site Lawyers to find a good competent attorney near you. I have used the site twice to hire lawyers (once in GA) and both times got excellent representation at a very reasonable price. Best of luck and sorry this happened to you. Edited to add: if you have ANY joint bank accounts stop any payments coming in to you like SSDI immediately. Open a separate account in your name only so that he cannot steal your money.
  13. @texasrocker I just had the hearing and the judge denied the motion since the agreement had that limitation of the "small claim courts" I made my argument like you said it but I guess I could convince her. She said that since they put it within the same it still applies. So, now I don't know what to do I don't have money to hire a lawyer and I guess they asked for a 60 day something when the judge ask them if they wanted a to schedule a trial. What should I do now?
  14. Are the out of state plates current? Is you husband in military ? Do you want to keep car or have bank take it? Did you have a joint checking and savings did he leave anything? Do you have joint credit cards? Have you called a divorce attorney see what your options are on deserted partner? I would also reach out to your county social services for help. So sorry this has happen to you as I have a disabled wife albeit our relationship is not the greatest, I wouldn't leave unless it was agreed to do so and arrangements were set in order. What he did was cowardly in my opinion.
  15. I think I'm going to attempt to get a pay for delete. If they don't accept that, I think I'll just let it sit and hope in 4 years it doesn't have too much of a hit on the score. Thanks guys.
  16. I think I'll do the settlement payment and call it a day hoping it improves over time. Thanks!
  17. Please check the dates of the threads to which you are responding. You’re responding to old threads.
  18. If you call the law firm and state that the debtor is applying for permanent disability, that they are now disabled, they will dismiss the case and return the debt to capital one where it can be settled for next to nothing. Not suggesting you lie or anything. That would be unethical. Just answering your question.
  19. H&H will settle a B of A debt for 60%. Provide a substantial hardship and it’s a piece of cake.
  20. For us to better help you, start your own thread. Copy and answer the questions in the following thread.
  21. Hi my name is Carmen and my husband is being sued by Kenosian & Miele LLP and I'm so confused on what to do. We really don't have a lot of money to go to court. I really need some advice. Sincerely, Carmen
  22. Last week
  23. I am disabled. My husband took care of all financial things until he deserted me and our children without warning in the middle of the night. I don't know where he is. He left me with a car that has out of state plates. I am not positive, but pretty sure that he stopped making payments on it maybe many years ago. I think he got some check from them, but I don't know if it was related to the car or not. I called the state the license plate is in and they said that the car was in both mine and my husband's name and that wells fargo is the lienholder. I don't know what to do. I just want to resolve this situation and make it right. I am terrified everytime I have to drive. I am in Georgia. What do I do?
  24. I am in Virginia got call from Discover (not a law firm they said they were going to send to law firm if I did not settle ) 3 months after my charge off. They offered settlement of 50% on a $8500 debt. I don't have cash so we settled on 10 monthly payments of $420.00. this was in March 2020. Just to give you a data point on settling.
  25. Appreciate every ones inputs so far. Talked to a civil and bankruptcy lawyer this morning who deals with Discover and specifically the firm suing me. He advised to stop disputing it, admit its mine and make an offer if I'm serious about settling before court and it can't be used against me. I'm still calling around trying to get a second opinion without having to sit down for an hour long consultation for this one question.
  26. Your credit has already been dinged from the late and missed payments. I honestly don’t know what effect this will have on your credit 3-4 years from now. Time heals credit wounds, but not in the same way as before. There are some places that claim to be able to predict what effect certain items will have on your credit rating, but those predictions are not always accurate. The main thing is to get any money owed off your credit reports. Settlement would hurt more than paying the account off, but would wipe out the balance. Also, unless you are insolvent, you will have to pay taxes on the money forgiven in the settlement. The exception is if you owe more than your assets. These are things to consider.
  1. Load more activity