Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 10/17/2021 in all areas

  1. If this occurred this past Friday and the claim is really less than $1000, I would call PRA and offer them the $250 filing fee in return for settling the case. Give them a week to think it over. If they don't bite, then file arbitration. Use the week to work up the papers. I think they will take the $250 however as that is still a good return on investment for them as they stare down the black hole of arbitration fees.
    1 point
  2. My arbitration cases were all in the early days, but the strategy may still work. What I did: I would fill out the forms, mail the forms to JAMS, with a copy to the opposing attorney. I wouldn’t pay the filing fees yet. I would then contact the opposing attorney and offer a mutual dismissal of all claims in both the court and arbitration. If they agree, no fees need to be paid by anyone. That sometimes worked. In another case I waited until the case was closed by their non-payment. Then one has to pay the fees, but it is still a victory. In some other cases I was able to get a settlement with NDA much later in the process, but those were OCs.
    1 point
  3. Paid just waiting for them to update the status of everything now.
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.