Hello All I am seeking advice on the best way to handle this. I just received a letter from a collection agency that eBay has submitted my account to them for some unpaid seller fees. Long story short - I let time slip past me. I meant to address this and I put other things in priority and now I'm scrambling. This is my fault. I am on the road to rebuilding, my score is growing leaps and bounds and this collection is going to hurt. I haven't received notification from Credit Karma or Sesame that the account has been added to my report. I don't know about equifax, they may only report to equifax. It was one of those "first communication" letters that said I had 30 days to validate yada-yada. I want to pay this before it hits my report. My first question - am I too late? Second question - if I pay eBay *today* and keep my documentation, if this does hit my credit report can I attempt to dispute it with this as proof that it is settled? Or am I going to be too late? I don't know about contacting the collection agency about this - since I know they may tell me that if I pay they won't report it and all will be well, but I have no way of keeping them accountable on that. I can pay this now to avoid it hitting my CR. If it is too late then I will wait a bit for my budget to handle it a little better since the damage will be done. I just need to find out if this is salvagable. Ugh. I can't believe I let it get to this point. Thank you for the insight!