MindBend

Members
  • Content Count

    50
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3 Neutral

About MindBend

  • Rank
    CIC Member

Profile Fields

  • Location
    PA
  1. In the way of an update. They sorta validated it by sending a letter from the OC along with an account record/statement. What should I do next? Thx
  2. I've been sent a collection letter from a local bottom-feeder for a $25 local tax of some sort. Sent validation letter via certified/Return receipt. I'd pay the $25 to make them just go away, but don't want to risk them reporting it. What if I see if they respond (doubtful) but in the meantime send them the $$ under separate correspondence to just make it go away? I have good credit and the $25 isn't much of a concern to me...the reporting IS! Thanks.
  3. Isn't that what I was asking for: guidance on a prudent next step? Yes, I disputed with the CRA's a couple days after my DV. TU rejected due to my address not being on file with them. EXP flat out rejected it...said they suspected that it was fraud. (even though it was a very simple letter, not copied).
  4. They can not sue since it's beyond SOL. Additionally, I'd love to be sued for a $99 debt and see how the judge reacts. Your basis for them fulfilling their burden is hinged upon a rather unclear specification from FDCA as to what constitutes "debt validation". I can send a printout to you, along with a balance sheet, stating you owe me, but it doesn't make it so. There was old case law setting a rather obscure precedent, Chaudhry v. Gallerizzo, but some more recent case law in the Indiana specified a burden to provide more specific information Phillip v Frederick. If it is a matter of "YOU as the consumer have to evaluate your circumstances and decide what the next step is." why does this forum exist? Anon, thanks for your recommendation. I'll check with the OC...since it's six+ years old, who knows.
  5. Your assertion/assumption that I am trying to do it "fast" is erroneous? Quite to the contrary, I have no specific credit need, so I can take as much time as I'd like. Admittedly, I am not extremely experienced at this, or I'd likely not be here, but I don't believe for one moment that when a CA responds with what looks like a very lame "account statement" that my only options are to: Roll over and pay it orWait 'til it falls off my report.What about?: Real proof that the services/products were actually valid (I realize that what defines adequate validation isn't clearly defined in FDCPA, but their own account printout doesn't seem enough).The dollar amount is correct, etc. .Proving that they are legitimately allowed to collect on it.If the burden for them to prove it is only in a court of law, if that's what it takes, I'll go there. As I mentioned, I have time, and fortunately I have the funds to do so. (not to read as I want to cause myself an extra headache and/or waste money). In ALL credit repair/restoration procedures, EVERY SINGLE ONE recommends DV as a first step. This is what I have done, if this stirs up a hornet's nest, then everyone must be wrong. I'd also assume, that by specifically asking a next best step, would indicate that I'm not looking to stir-up things and/or create doomsday sequence in a half-witted manner. We're talking about a few collections that are small, probably not very impacting at this point, but I'm looking to create a best-case-situation as I approach gaining some more credit. So, I'm not looking for advice on what not to do, what rather what to do.
  6. The one in the prior thread is double-reporting (both OC and JDB) and neither reporting sold nor did they validate. This one is a single-reporting item, and the CA did validate (with a rather useless computer printout which in no way can specifically prove this debt to be mine). Don't see how the answers can be the same.
  7. Different collection, different set of circumstances.
  8. Send DV to local CA for small $99 utility bill. They quickly responded with a computer printout of account detail (meaningless obviously) and basically said, pay it or it will continue to report, blah, blah. My next steps I'm considering would be: Contact OC to see if I can pay and have them pull it back. Further challenge CA on details. PFD letter. Of course, I'd happily pay to make it go away.
  9. I have a $4xx collection at the same place. I have 1-2 punched them with DV and disputed with CRA's to no avail. Have another local CA reporting two small collections of $11x and $99. Same results. No response, no change. Would gladly pay them all in exchange for deletion. However, from what I've read, historically neither will sign-off on a PFD agreement. Advice would be appreciated.
  10. I sent disputes to all three bureaus on the same day (late last month). EXPERIAN Today I get a letter from Exp stating "We have received a suspicious request regarding your person credit information that we have deemed did not come from you. We have not taken and action on this request. Any future requests made in this manner will not be processed and will not receive a response." Letter wasn't frivolous or lengthy, but simply, "I believe this items aren't accurate and am disputing them. Please investigate". Now that I have gotten the brush-off from Satan, what's next? TRANSUNION Declined request since address is not on their file. I looked and it's an address which I never had. They are asking for proof via ID, Utility bill, etc. Just send it? What about having erroneous address removed? Thx
  11. So, you are suggesting that if they validate, I should just assume that there's no other way? What about further challenging them? Since they are old and small, I am hoping that they either can't validate or will agree to PFD. Frankly, I'd be glad to pay to make them go away: $500, 100, 120. Of course, if they just want to update as paid, I'm not interested.
  12. Great info. On small medical collections (I have 3) which I've DV'd and gotten the CMRR green cards back. Not sure if it was proper, but I 1-2 punched with DV's to the CA's and right afterward (days) a dispute to the CRA's. How long should one wait to go to the next step and what is the next part of the procedure? (if, of course there's no deletion)
  13. So far, I just DV'd them via CMRR and am waiting for the green card back. I too looked them up on BBB and noted they must be very low bottom-feeders.
  14. It's Trident Asset Management in GA. I tried to work with the OC last week and they said they're not able.
  15. Both are reporting the full amount...the JDB and the OC. Neither are marked as sold or zero balance.