• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About tonktank

  • Rank

Profile Fields

  • Location
  1. We paid a judgement by cashiers check and certified mail return receipt to Cap One. Cap one told us they will always hold funds for 22 days. As of Aug 8 we were told the release was sent to the court. How long does it take to update and is there anything we can do to expidite this. We are in WA state and have our paperwork and copies for proof of the payment. We have been trying to refi our house and this is the only hold up. Thank you for your help
  2. We live in WA but had moved back to Denver for my husband's job. My husband has the judgement but this same attorney office tried to sue my daughter around the time we moved back to WA. It was ridiculous, I haven't a clue how they got that mixed up so I can only imagine how they run their business.
  3. Also am wondering if I can write the atty and ask for validation as well and see if they respond. Any thoughts on that since they already have a judgement would it matter?
  4. This is an old Capital One account and the atty is Suttle and Hammer I think. They tried to sue my 13 year old daughter at one time for a Credit card. My husband called the court and found it but it went from whats on the credit report as wanting 2600.00 to over 4000.00. I am scared to write or call the atty for fear that will start a new clock. I was reading that and I assume it would have to be my husband, can go down and look at the record to see if it was served? Can I go and look or will they expect me to pay then and there.
  5. Are you saying I could possibly sue that atty? I still need to go to the credit bureau first though, correct?
  6. I'm going to. It is only on the Transunion, the other two are good. Any suggestions on the best form to use or how to word it. Should I ask them to prove that my husband was served? Or just to validate it Thank you
  7. I've been reading the forums but didn't find anything specific to my state on getting judgements vacated or how to do it. We just went to refi our house and found out there is a judgement on my husbands Transunion report of a judgement from Capital one from 2010. This is from WA state. We finally found the judgement on the court page and there is a filing date of 1/26/2010 and a judgement on stipulation on the same date. On 2/26/2010 there is another filing that says ORDER RE: SUPPLEMENTAL PROCEEDINGS JDG0001 and at the end where the fee amount would be they have 04-12-2010MO. On the next