• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About concerned50

  • Rank

Profile Fields

  • Location
  1. WhoCares1000 you are very smart and I thank you for your previous advice. I called the collection agency today and I spoke with a supervisor who was very nice and he told me they cannot collect on the debt for my Federal Student Loan if I am living in Canada. They are not licensed to collect in Canada and because they still had my Texas address and did not bother to check the area code they were calling they assumed I was in the United States. The account is now updated and the only thing they can do is if I want to call them and pay it voluntarily.
  2. Thank you very much for the information. WhoCares1000 you sound very knowledgeable in both American and Canadian matters. I am not normally a person to not pay my bills, but it was very costly to move back to Canada and get my husband his permanent residency here. We have very good credit rating in Canada and I don't want to mess that up. We have no intention of ever going back to live in the United States and that being said I am no longer a permanent resident there. We do go back from time to time to visit. I believe it is a Federal loan as it is through Sallie Mae. Also, my company does no
  3. I am a Canadian citizen, but I lived in the United States for many years as a permanent resident. In 2001 I was going to school and had a student loan. I did not graduate for reasons that don't matter. I continued to pay on my student loan. In 2011 I moved back to Canada and was able to put my student loan in forebarence a couple times. I then had some financial difficulties and my student loan has gone to collections (Pioneer Credit Recovery). This week they tracked my down at work. They also faxed a form to my employer to verify employment which was intercepted by my Administrative Assistant