Sorry for the delay in response, but here is the answer to these questions
1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? RAZOR CAPITAL, LLC
2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.) NELSON & KENNARD
3. How much are you being sued for? APPROX $4300
4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff) AVANT CREDIT
5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?) WAS SERVED ON JULY 4TH BUT RECEIVED A VOICE MESSAGE ON CELL PHONE APPROX 2 MONTHS BEFORE FROM N&K STATING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO SUE ME AND THAT THIS WAS JUST A COURTESY CALL
6. How were you served? (Mail, In person, Notice on door) IN PERSON
7. Was the service legal as required by your state? AS FAR AS I CAN MAKE OUT FROM THE PROCEDURE FOR CA, IT WAS LEGAL
Process Service Requirements by State - Summons Complaint
8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? RECEIVED NO COMMUNICATION IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM UNTIL THEY LEFT A VOICE MESSAGE ON MY CELL PHONE STATING THAT THEY WERE GOING TO SUE ME AND THIS WAS JUST A COURTESY CALL. I CALLED THEM BACK TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS WAS AND THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY REPRESENTED RAZOR CAPITAL, WHO BOUGHT MY DEBT FROM AVANT AND THEY WERE GOING TO SUE ME CONCERNING THIS DEBT. IT WAS VERY DIFFICULT FOR ME TO UNDERSTAND THE PERSON I WAS TALKING TO CAUSE THEY SPOKE VERY LOW AND I HAD TO KEEP ASKING THEM TO REPEAT WHAT THEY WERE SAYING. I WAS ON MY BREAK AT WORK AND IT GOT ME UPSET. THEY SENT ME OUT A FINANCIAL STATEMENT FOR ME TO FILL OUT AND THAT I NEEDED TO INCLUDE COPIES OF ALL PAYCHECK STUBS, BANK STATEMENTS, ALL MONTHLY BILL STATEMENTS, AND ALL THE INFORMATION ON WHO I AM EMPLOYED WITH AND A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL AGREEMENT FROM AVANT, EXHIBIT A (1/4 PAGE OF WRITING THAT STATES BILL OF SALE AND ASSIGNMENT), AFFIDAVIT OF SALE OF AVANT, AND CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY (NOT SURE WHAT THAT IS).
9. What state and county do you live in? FRESNO CO., CALIFORNIA
10. When is the last time you paid on this account? (looking to establish if you are outside of the statute of limitations) OCTOBER 2013
11. What is the SOL on the debt? To find out: I BELIEVE IT FALLS UNDER THE 4 YEAR STATUTE
Statute of Limitations on Debts
12. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed? You can find this by a) calling the court or looking it up online (many states have this information posted - when you find the online court site, search by case number or your name).
AT THIS POINT ONLY BEEN SERVED
13. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) NOT THAT I KNOW
14. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? Note: if you haven't sent a debt validation request, don't bother doing this now - it's too late. NO, DIDN’T KNOW BOUT THAT
15. How long do you have to respond to the suit? (This should be in your paperwork). If you don't respond to the lawsuit notice you will lose automatically. In 99% of the cases, they will require you to answer the summons, and each point they are claiming. We need to know what the "charges" are. Please post what they are claiming. Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit? 30 DAYS FROM THE DATE I WAS SERVED (JULY 4TH)
Here is an example of what the summons/complaint may look like: Sued by a Debt Collector - Learn How to Fight Debt Lawsuits
16. What evidence did they send with the summons? An affidavit? Statements from the OC? Contract? List anything else they attached as exhibits. COMPLAINT, VERIFICATION PAGE AT THE END STATING THEY ARE THE ATTORNEY, ETC. (HOWEVER, AT THE END OF THE COMPLAINT AND THE VERIFICATION PAGE, IT IS DATED AT THE END OF MAY AND AT THE END OF THE VERIFICATION PAGE THAT IT WAS EXECUTED IN SACRAMENTO, COUNTY OF SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA, THEN THERE IS A PAGE THAT ONLY SAYS EXHIBIT A FOLLOWED BY THE ORIGINAL LOAN AGREEMENT WITH AVANT CREDIT, THEN A BLANK PAGE THAT ONLY SAYS EXHIBIT B, THEN A ½ PAGE OF WRITING THAT SAYS IT’S A SUMMARY OF EXHIBIT 2, ANOTHER EXHIBIT A THAT IS THE ¼ PAGE THAT SAYS BILL OF SALE AND ASSIGNMENT, AFFIDAVIT OF SALE OF AVANT CREDIT, AND CERTIFICATE OF CONFORMITY PAPER. PLEASE NOTE THAT IN THE COMPLAINT, IT REFERS MANY TIMES TO EXHIBIT 1, BUT THERE IS NO EXHIBIT 1 INCLUDED IN THE PAPERS I RECEIVED WHEN I WAS SERVED.
NOT SURE IF I RECEIVED AN INTERROGATORY (NOT SURE WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE). ALSO, NOT SURE WHERE I WOULD FIND THE CHARGES &/OR WHAT THEY ARE CLAIMING.