• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


wernda1234 last won the day on October 21 2019

wernda1234 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

23 Excellent

About wernda1234

  • Rank
    CIC Member

Profile Fields

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

914 profile views
  1. I would hate to be the person trying to serve papers under normal conditions, but now? No way
  2. I would hate to be a process server under normal conditions, but I just cannot imagine many civil lawsuits are being served right now
  3. Here is the update for courts in Arkansas as of 3/18/2020 from Little Rock news station KATV: The Arkansas court system will remain open, but the Arkansas Supreme Court has suspended all in-person proceedings in all appellate, circuit, and district courts, with a few exceptions. The changes are a response to the spread of COVID-19. The suspension will last from Wednesday through April 3, and might be adjusted by order of the court as circumstances warrant. The suspension of in-person judicial proceedings is subject to the following exceptions: Proceedings necessary to protec
  4. Thank you; I believe you will win this one. The motion to withdraw their MSJ leaves your MTC as the only active motion before the court. As @fisthardcheese said earlier, Plaintiff's attorneys seem to be on autopilot and seem a bit sloppy. So, they will either move to close the case or not respond at all, and after 12 months, the court will close the case under Rule 41
  5. So it was a motion to withdraw their MSJ? Can you post a redacted version?
  6. Hi Mark and thank you for posting. Can you share more information on what is happening? From your post, I am going to guess that you have some sort of closed account on your credit report showing 2 late payments. You can try disputing that information in writing directly with the credit report agency or agencies. They will investigate, and if the information is incorrect, make the necessary changes. Otherwise, if the payments were late, then it stays on your report for up to 7 years I believe. I had this happen when I made two late payments on my mortgage. While I
  7. I am sorry you are going through this. I have some questions that may help the group help you: While nowhere near an expert on NYC rent law, I have not heard of a 7 day notice to vacate; unless you were behind on your rent, they should have sent you a Notice to Cure for any tenant violation of the lease. However, it sounds like you agreed to leave. What paperwork did they provide and/or did you sign? Was there anything that severed the lease? Did they indicate that you owned the balance of the lease? Have you disputed the debt with the collections agency? The easiest way is
  8. Update on this one - my friend was able to settle out of court and the case was dismissed
  9. "Most of them, except the obvious questions about your name and address, should be met with an objection due to court being an improper venue and your pending MTC to move the case to arbitration. You must answer them within the allowed time" @fisthardcheese has provided how to respond.
  10. Good afternoon. I do not believe the defendant has to set a motion hearing; the court will take care of that
  11. Agree with @WhoCares1000; none of us are attorneys - if you have legal guidance from one, follow that.
  12. Welcome to the board. Can we get more information? https://www.creditinfocenter.com/community/topic/242744-qs-to-answer-when-posting-in-this-forum-please-read/
  13. @Xtreme98 Congratulations! I join @Jimmy E in a happy dance! If they refile, then you know what to do.