mrb0x

Members
  • Content Count

    39
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by mrb0x

  1. Just wanted to update and finally say that the case has been officially dismissed! Took a couple of weeks, but I'm happy! Again thank you all for your support and advice! Now to just get that collections off my credit report!
  2. Secured credit card is the way to go. As the other posters have mentioned, Credit One is usually where most people start. I would also recommend going to your bank and inquire about a secured credit card from them. They will require a deposit (minimum would be $300, max probably like $5000) and should provide a secured credit card. The good thing about this is that if you are never late and are good with the card, they will return the security deposit to you within a certain timeframe, most likely a year. The cons about the secured cards are that there are annual fees, but after a year, y
  3. Are you able to get your credit card agreement? Which Citi card is it? In the agreement it should have an arbitration clause in there. However, to answer your question about responding to suit, it is 20 calendar days in Arizona from the day you received your summons, so depends on what day you were served. If you only have a couple days, you need to file an answer to the summons so you don't get a default judgement. File this and then look for the credit card agreement if you can to see if there is an arbitration clause. If there is, I'm sure the good people here can be of more help.
  4. Yes, in the agreement it should state that they would send the CRA a "udf" or universal data form, unless it is stated differently in your agreement. This form is more along the lines of proof that they requested it to be deleted. If they didn't request it, then you can sue for breach of contract.
  5. I'm in similar situation here. I've asked them to provide a copy of the universal data form they will be sending in to the CRAs. If it is not removed I will dispute it and provide the form and writing I have in the agreement.
  6. So I just recently settled and won with a JDB, with the help of the wonderful folks here! Thank you again. My question has to do with the part of the settlement agreement where it was agreed that a deletion of the tradeline and reporting to the CRAs would happen. It states they will file a udf, "universal data form", and such but also states they cannot guarantee, warrant, or take responsibility for the performance of the CBs with respect to changing, deleting, suppressing regarding myself and the account. Any action, omission and/or error by the CBs shall not be attributable to JDB
  7. Thank you @Goody_Ouchless. I'll make sure to update if I do receive a 1099. Although not stated in the agreement, I do have an email from attorney that states they agree to accept my offer to settle this matter in full, dismiss case xxx, and dismiss arb. Doesn't this mean it will be considered as settled in full?
  8. Don't forget that you filed a motion, so the court will want to see proof that you took the steps to file with JAMS. Make sure you keep all the documents you receive from JAMS so you can show to the judge next time you are in court (I'm not 100% sure if you have another court date assigned or not). However, next step is to wait, and you'll receive an invoice from JAMS to pay the $250 if you haven't done so already. I assume that the attorneys will be reaching out to you soon with an offer to settle. In my case the attorneys took about a week to respond with an acceptance of my initia
  9. Have you asked Pacific Power if they can accept payment? Call them and ask. If they say they sold off the debt, then the collection agency owns the debt and any payment to it they get to keep and nothing goes back to Pacific Power. If you check your credit report it should list the accounts that are in collection with the information. Sign up for Credit Karma or Credit Sesame as its free and it should have them listed.
  10. Thank you! I must applaud you for your efforts and thorough help with the other poster. I've been following that thread too and can say you deserve a whole lot of applause!
  11. Haha, I guess you're right. I signed it and sent it over. Again, thank you for the advice and guidance!
  12. Looks like ARS is a collection agency that collects anything past 30 days to 60 days past due, so technically they will be able to sue you if they deem fit. Send the DV letter as mentioned and go from there. If they respond, you can plan for action. If they don't respond, you've bought some time, until the next or same CA sends you another letter.
  13. Want to say thank you to all and the forums here. I will agree to the settlement offer, I will ask them to sign and date first before I sign. Thank you again!
  14. Great! Yes, I countered with the same, I'm sure they won't accept a $0 offer, so I cut my initial offer down to $250, with a mutual dismissal with prejudice and deletion of the tradeline. They have accepted the offer! I've attached it here, with some info redacted. Could you review and let me know if things need to be taken out or added? I'm assuming #4 is what you explained about it being dismissed with prejudice. Really appreciate it! They haven't dated or signed yet, should I have them sign and date first and then tell them I accept? Thank you settl
  15. I've read if the complaint is verified, it is usually accompanied by another page that states the complaint is verified and is signed by the plaintiff. A complaint where the plaintiff (or, in limited cases, the plaintiff's counsel) swears to the allegations, demonstrating to a court that the plaintiff has investigated the charges against the defendant and found them to be of substance. In many jurisdictions, a complaint does not need to be verified unless a rule or statute specifically states otherwise. Typically a plaintiff verifies a complaint by attaching a page at the end
  16. I tried looking for an Ashley Furniture agreement but could not find it either. I'm unsure if the one you found for 2014 would work. It looks as if you can log in and request one from the Synchrony site if you plug in your info. https://www.mysynchrony.com/mysyf/account-features/cardholder-agreements.html?intcmp=na-homenetwork_cardholder-footer-cardholderagreements-internal&resolvetemplatefordevice=true Looks as if they may have changed the card to a Synchrony Home card that works at different furniture stores?
  17. @Pericles @fisthardcheese This is suprising. As I sent my reply to the JAMS Manager regarding the email and settlement offer, the attorneys have actually emailed me back stating that the settlement offer they sent was incorrect, and rather that they have accepted my original offer. I sent this offer on 05/01/18 for $500 (with removal of tradeline) of the $1900 debt. They originally rejected and filed suit. I'm quite satisfied of the outcome of everything, however I feel that I now have leverage over them and would be even able to settle for a lesser amount, including the remova
  18. Hi Pericles, They have not made any offer before this one to me at all. From the very beginning of this, before they filed suit, I reached out to them with a settlement offer (roughly 25% of debt, 75% discount) myself to just get it out of the way, in which they rejected. They then filed suit, and now we're here. They sent me an offer to pay 80% of debt, which is 20% discount. Thank you *Edit* I have now just received an invoice from JAMS, asking for the $250 filing fee. and also stating the lawyers pay $1250. lol
  19. Thank you for the reply! You are correct, no contact was ever made between myself and the attorney, and I was baffled that they had stated that as well, so I wanted to confirm and have some assurance they weren't pulling a fast one on me. The offer is not in the hundreds, so looks like I will need to push a little bit more. I will take your advice and reply back to JAMS and the attorney to send a counter offer again. Really appreciate it!
  20. Another update. I just received an emails from attorney who contacted JAMS and has me CC'd. Their email states that it their understanding that the matter has settled. They attached a settlement agreement which was sent in response to a settlement offer received from me (previously rejected). The agreement they sent me states a totally different amount (20%). They state that it will close with a signed agreement from me and payment as detailed. It also states if it is not my understanding of the status of this matter that I should contact them. Any advice or what to do now?
  21. You must file an answer with the court regardless and then file a motion to compel for arbitration if you go that route. I'm in similar situation with same jdb and lawyer but different oc. I haven't filed my answer and mtc yet, but have already started the arb process. @fisthardcheese has an excellent write up on the arb process and it's fairly easy, but the main and first thing is to file your answer as you don't have much time left. I believe you can file your MTC along with your general denial and then begin the arb paperwork.
  22. @fisthardcheese I just wanted to thank you for all your help, you've been great and I really do appreciate it. I will be finalizing my general denial and MTC and will post for review. I did receive a letter over the weekend from the attorney trying to settle for a measly 20%. The offer is no where near what I'd like, do you think this is an attempt to get out of arb knowing they won't be able to pursue? *Edit* I received a missed call from the attorney, should I discuss anything with them on the phone? Thank you!
  23. Did you send via CMRR? If you can verify they received it, I'd give the branch a call. If not, resend with CMRR.
  24. So I'm still waiting to file my answer and MTC, and if I'm correct I have until June 19th to do so as I was served on the 20th of May. I've received a copy of the Consumer Arbitration Notice today as shown below. I still haven't made payment yet, but will do so when they ask (as it specifically states consumer needs to pay $250 since I initiated it) and after MTC is granted. Should I notify JAMS that the case is still pending MTC or wait until they ask for payment? I'm assuming this is good progress and I should file a copy of this notice with the MTC as well. Corre