I guess what I meant by that is they sent me a 3 page print out of terms of credit which has no interest rate or anything like that and no signature. It's just a printout of their terms of usage.
The other paper that I was trying to upload was their response to my production of documents.
1.It says plaintiff objects on the ground of relevancy that information or documents sought do not appear to be reasonably calculated to lead to admissible evidence.
2. Plaintiff objects to the disclosure of any documents that are privileged or contain facts or information that is privileged as the result of a communication between Plaintiff and its attorneys.
3. Plaintiff objects to the production of the Plaintiff's counsel trial preparation materials and/or contain mental impressions, conclusions, opinions or legal theories of Plaintiff's attorneys and further objects on the grounds that the information requested was prepared in anticipation of litigation or of trial.
4. Plaintiff objects to any Requests that require Plaintiff to obtain documents from third parties that are equally available to Defendant and could be obtained by Defendant directly and is therefore more convenient for Defendant and less burdensome and expensive to the Plaintiff.
I had asked for the original contract, proof that they own the debt and a set of accounting statements. They sent the accounting statements.
There objections are as follows: Plaintiff objects to this discovery request on the grounds that it is improper as overbroad, unduly burdensome, vague and ambiguous. Plaintiff further objects in so far as this request seeks documentation which is or should be in the Defendant's possession.
3. There was a letter signed by Courtney Reams verifying the records sent which is signed and dated from New Albany, Ohio, so I'm assuming this is their witness? Is this who I would subpoena to go to court?
I'm not sure what to do next. I have read a lot that Discover is a tough one, but if they do have all the valid documents, I'd like to make a settlement offer rather than get a judgement in court. How does that work? When is the best time to propose that? Do I wait till we go to court and then ask if we can have a settlement conference before the trial to try to come up with an amount?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I have never been sued before and would like to put this behind me.