The details of my suit is as follows:
1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? Portfolio Recovery Associates, LLC
2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.) Rausch, Sturm
3. How much are you being sued for? $3,XXX.XX
4. Who is the original creditor? Capital One
5. How do you know you are being sued? Papers served
6. How were you served? (Mail, in person, Notice on door) In person
7. Was the service legal as required by your state? Yes
8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? Phone calls, voicemails and mail from Portfolio Recovery Associates, but did not actually speak with anyone.
9. What state and county do you live in? Texas, Harris County
10. When is the last time you paid on this account? Not sure. Claimed to be September 2017 in Complaint. Sounds accurate.
11. What is the SOL on the debt? 4 years in Texas
12. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed? Suit Served, have not filed an answer yet
13. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) No
14. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? No
15. How long do you have to respond to the suit? 14 days
16. What evidence did they send with the summons? None
I have been reading a bunch on this website and will sending my initial response to the suit by the end of this week hopefully. I have taken the advise of @texasrocker on filing a general denial answer.