@Harry SeawardI see now why you said to keep it to one post, I made another post that you helped me with first. this is what it said:
***"First off thanks for reading i understand i have no idea what i am doing but have been trying to learn as much as possible. Any help is greatly appreciated,i am trying to join the military and until this is resolved i cannot join.
Received Summons that a lawsuit was started against me by a Debt collector who hired a debt collector/attorneys office?
1. lantif is a limited liability company in good standing, has all necessary licenses and has paid all applicable fees including being duly licensed as a washington state collection agency.
2. Defendant is believed to comprise of martial community under laws of the state of Washington and are believed to reside in SKAGIT county. Each of the acts or occurrences set forth herin benefited them individually and benefited their marital community.
3. Plantiff is successor in interest to (Bank) and to account xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx5175
4. (Bank) extended defendant credit in exchange for Defendant promise to pay the balance of the credit account they used.
5. Defendant failed to pay (Bank) the balance of the credit account.
6. Defendant owe Plantiff, as the successor-in-interest the sum of 3,473.00.
Plantiff prays for judgment against defendant has follows:
sum of 3,473.000 minus any payments
for cost of suit and
for such other and further relief as the court deems just and equitable.
After reciving this I responded with an answer, Affirmative defenses and Request for Production, requesting:
1. Please produce any credit application signed by defendant
2 Please produce a copy of the executed contract in (credit card company)'s possession setting forth the term Defendant is alleged to have agreed to in connection with the card at the beginning.
3. Please produce a copy of any modifications to those terms specifically agreed to by the Defendant.
4. Please produce a copy of all statements from the beginning of time to present.
5. Please produce detail regarding alleged charged amount, type, and date.
6. Please produce evidence of all payments received.
I responded with: I lack knowledge about the truth and so deny the statements in paragraphs
1,2,3,4,5 and 6 of their allegations.
Affirmative defenses were: Failure of consideration and "Scieti et volenti non fit injuria". <---- which i now know is useless...
The Plantif responded with some bank statements and what appears to be a bill of sale for my debt maybe?
At the end of a mountain of paperwork and law jargon a page is found with the option to pay the law firm/debt collector via a website. At the very bottom in bold letters states:
This communication is from a debt collector. This is an attempt to collect a debt, and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
A Case number is now included and i called the superior court and was told its legit but no court date has been set. Today I received request for admissions, request for production of documents and Plaintiffs first set of interrogatories to defendant."****
I participated in a discovery and did some other dumb stuff due to panic and the first thing I found on the internet that made sense to me.
did i shoot myself in the foot? I found this info too late, I didn't find this forum until I responded with a request for production and some bad affirmative defenses.