timbuck2

Members
  • Content Count

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About timbuck2

  • Rank
    Newbie

Profile Fields

  • Location
    Texas
  1. ***Update*** Okay, so the beginning of my trial started today via Zoom. They had me talk with the Plaintiff's attorney before seeing the judge. I told the attorney that I wouldn't budge on mediation and insisted that I needed the court to decide on my MTA. Their attorney went first, asking for more time to file more paperwork and hoped that I would agree to mediation. They claim that they couldn't find an arbiter because of a backlog due to Covid. I told the judge that I insisted on the Arbitration due to the CC agreement. The Judge said she would entertain the idea aft
  2. The Plaintiff asked and was granted an Order of Continuance by the court on October 10th; however, there was no stated date listed on the Order when the new trial date will be. The Plaintiff asked for at least 60 days. My original trial date was scheduled for Nov 5th. My questions are: 1) Is this normal for the Plaintiff to ask for this "delay"? It doesn't look like the court is asking if I'm okay with it since there is nothing to answer to. I should probably call the court to verify. TIA
  3. Did I screw up not asking for MCA in my initial answer to the court, and that is why my case is being sent to mediation? Can my answer be amended; or what needs to be done to head this off from mediation? Many thanks in advance!!!
  4. 1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? Second Round LLC 2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint). Rausch, Sturm, Israel, Enerson & Hornik 3. How much are you being sued for? $11,447.23 4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff) Comenity Capital Bank / Toyota Rewards Visa 5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?) Yes 6. How were you served? (Mail, In person, Notice on door) In person 7. Was the service legal as required by your state? Yes
  5. Update: Never was served and it looks as if the attorney withdrew their case, for now. I did sendthe attorney a certified letter stating my intention to take the case to arbitration about 2 weeks ago. I don't live in the county they tried suing me in, so they will probably file suit in the county I do live in. Anyway, we'll see. Hope everyone out there is doing okay.
  6. That is what I was wondering. The only thing I have do so far was send Second Round Sub a certified letter that I intend to take this to arbitration. I have started my Answer Response to the court and my MTC. Not sure what happened to other responses I had from other posters throughout the day, but there was a question if a collection agency act on behalf of Comenity Bank? I'm guessing that is what is happening here. Anyway, this is all the information I pulled off the District Court's website. Maybe someone can tell from the attachment. Thanks a million! Here is an u
  7. That is what I was wondering. The only thing I have do so far was send Second Round Sub a certified letter that I intend to take this to arbitration. I have started my Answer Response to the court and my MTC. Not sure what happened to other responses I had from other posters throughout the day, but there was a question if a collection agency act on behalf of Comenity Bank? I'm guessing that is what is happening here. Anyway, this is all the information I pulled off the District Court's website. Maybe someone can tell from the attachment. Thanks a million!
  8. I received a few letters from attorneys looking to represent me against a Petition/Lawsuit for a CC dept owed to Comenity Capital Bank by Second Round Sub, LLC. These letter were sent to a private mail box (UPS store) and not my home address. I haven't received anything from the Court, nor have I been served. I have looked up the case filed on 2/18/20 and I am being sued, but it states that as of 3/9/20 that I remain unserved. My question is: do I wait until after I am served and/or receive notice from the court informing me (I'm assuming this would be sent certified mail) to file an