1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? Second Round
2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.) Gordon, Aylworth & Tami
3. How much are you being sued for? Aprox $4,000
4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff) Comenity Capital Bank / Good Sams Reward VISA
5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?) Was served
6. How were you served? (Mail, In person, Notice on door) In person
7. Was the service legal as required by your state? I believe so
Process Service Requirements by State - Summons Complaint
8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? Typical collection letters
9. What state and county do you live in? Washington State
10. When is the last time you paid on this account? (looking to establish if you are outside of the statute of limitations) It is not outside SOL
13. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed? No activity since the Summons & Complaint was filed
14. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) No
15. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? No
16. How long do you have to respond to the suit? I was served at the end of February. I never filed an answer. Checking the court website shows no activity since then, probably due to the COVID shutdown. I am filing my answer and notice of appearance with the court in two days as well as mailing a copy to the attorneys.
17. What evidence did they send with the summons? Only their business license.
I plan to file my answer and notice of appearance even though it is late this week. Next week I will work on the MTC Private Arbitration and the affidavit for the credit card agreement from 2018 when the account was last active.