I used to live in Las Vegas, NV. I have now lived in Florida since August of 2015. I found out I was being sued on Friday from my father who still resides in Las Vegas. They tried to serve me at his house but I am in FL. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you all.
1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? Cavalry SPV I LLC
2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? (should be listed at the top of the complaint.) Veronica M. Barisich. ESQ
3. How much are you being sued for? $4645.07
4. Who is the original creditor? (if not the Plaintiff) CITI Bank
5. How do you know you are being sued? (You were served, right?) They tried to serve me at my dads house
6. How were you served? (Mail, In person, Notice on door) N/A
7. Was the service legal as required by your state? N/A
8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? None whatsoever.
9. What state and county do you live in? Palm Beach County, FL
10. When is the last time you paid on this account? (looking to establish if you are outside of the statute of limitations) Jan. 2016
11. What is the SOL on the debt? To find out:
12. What is the status of your case? Suit served? Motions filed? Civil Summons Issued
13. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency?) No.
14. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? No.
15. How long do you have to respond to the suit?
16. What evidence did they send with the summons?