Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by catnip757

  1. 50% is reasonable. I've been on the phone with them we are at about 75% so far. Have till the 11th to seal the deal. Overall negotiating with them is very easy process just have to hold out a little longer.
  2. Appreciate every ones inputs so far. Talked to a civil and bankruptcy lawyer this morning who deals with Discover and specifically the firm suing me. He advised to stop disputing it, admit its mine and make an offer if I'm serious about settling before court and it can't be used against me. I'm still calling around trying to get a second opinion without having to sit down for an hour long consultation for this one question.
  3. I was not aware. Everything I'm reading online says settlement offers are protected and can't be used as evidence. Still would like to hear firsthand from a Virginia consumer attorney.
  4. No civil the amount is too big for small claims about $12k. Calling a lawyer tomorrow before I call back Glasser who is suing me.
  5. Can they really use that in court against me? The red flags were waving hard when she asked me to admit to it.
  6. No they wouldn't even listen to my offer till I admitted the debt was mine. Which I did not do. Trying to learn more before calling back.
  7. Received the other 14 pages just an affidavit and statements. Called to offer a settlement and they wouldn't listen to my offer till i admitted the debt was mine. This doesn't sound right?
  8. Its been a couple months, did anything happen?
  9. Finally sued by Glasser and Glasser on behalf of Discover today for 12,494. They only left the warrant in debt on my door and no other information. Called them and turns out there should of been another 14 pages attached.
  10. Holding out for 30%. Doesn't make a difference what I pay them to my credit score just my bank account at this point.
  11. I actually know which law firm they will be handing it off too. They are right down the street from me. It would be a funny scenario if I hired them to represent me on a different matter so Discover couldn't use them. I'm sure they would just find another firm to use eventually.
  12. Just tried again today for 30 but they stuck to their guns at 60. Charge off is today.
  13. Also was in the hardship program and defaulted. I'm going to submit my first offer to them today then update this post. UPDATE: Offered them 30% they countered with 60%. I think I'll hold out a little longer and see if they come down a bit.
  14. Any updates on your situation Dan?
  15. Yes the little they know the better. I'll give updates as they progress
  16. Thank you for replying I've read through tons of your posts on this forum appreciate everything you do here. Sounds like I should just contact them directly and start negotiating? I want to be clear with them I would be gifted the money from a family member if they agree to a reasonable settlement paid in full.
  17. Hello I'm in Virgina about to have my account referred to attorney in late February. The debt is about 13k and I'm not disputing I legally owe it. I can get about 5k cash and would consider offering to settle with them before it goes it court or arbitration. Has anyone successfully done this before they were sued by Discover?
  • Create New...