Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Fields

  • Location
    South Carolina

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

MLH's Achievements

Advanced Member

Advanced Member (3/6)



  1. Ty I was just curious as to why they just wouldn’t take my offer . Seems kinda dumb that they are willing for me to pay nothing than make a little on what I owe.
  2. So portfolio recovery sued me with a acting attorney, I answered lawsuit and sent in a settlement offer of around 22% percent of original amount owed. It’s stil on the court documents online. So yesterday I received this in the mail from Portfolio not the attorneys. I don’t understand. I made a offer now this? Has anyone ever got this before? Are they trying to be tricky? Why isn’t the attorney reaching out with this? The date I responded to the complaint summons was 9/21/21. Along with the settlement offer. Im not sure how to respond to this due to the lawsuit pending . It shows online the status is pending a alternate resolution and a mediator will be assigned by March 29,2022. Should I call their attorney first to just ask what is happening? Should I file this request from portfolio with the pending case in court? This is confusing because I already made a settlement offer. I mean why would they do this and not decline or accept my offer. I know in the complaint answer I asked for plaintiff to prove that I had received any documentation involving this debt . One of their complaints stated that the original creditor sent a letter in reference to “right to cure” but I never received that either and I asked for them to prove that also. I declined admittance of amounts owed due to the lack of knowledge because the original creditor no longer had the account listed on my credit report. But as admitted that I did aquire the account way back in 2009. They had bill of sale , affidavits of the sale via Portfolio records employee. They had the interest sheets etc. so the loan was real but this whole shift of offering me a hardship program makes me feel like something else is up . The letter is dated September 25th but I just received it October 8th . It’s says I have 30 days to respond. What should I do?
  3. Thank you again ! I owe you guys! What does OTOH mean?
  4. Again, should I just send certified and not call? Or would it be better to call?
  5. WHAT???? Well I have located the correct address. So can I just send it certified letter tomorrow? And not call them. I’m so afraid they will trick me and get info that I shouldn’t give them . So I should delete the offer all together and just submit the rest? Thnx guys, without you I wouldn’t be able to get thru this. ps. I’m up for hire . I can repay you guys by doing something.
  6. Please advise on this edited letter. I have printed out my unemployment determination and status with South Carolina Employment and workforce. Should I send it to them with this? Or should I wait? when I call to speak with them about retaining this address to send to them should I tell them what it is for and what the amount I am trying to settle for?
  7. Oh God… How the heck should I be wording this? Should I mention I’m working with other creditors ? Should I mention I’ve called about Bankruptsy? Should I mention I’m working with non profit financial advisers? I’m a wreck!
  8. Ok I will re-word my offer. And that was just a draft to get advice . So use “settlement “ instead of payment. Got it. The address I got was online but I’m not sure if it’s the right one. Should my wording in this be set up differently? I’m old and I have very little education. Do any of you have a sample that I can go by? I just want to pay it in full with the help of my family member at a discounted amount.
  9. I definitely will n thank you very much for your advice. Do you think they will put a hold on my account with a small offer like this? what if they ask me questions on the phone about what I’m doing? I heard it’s not good to communicate with them nor tell them what your offering. They can reject it immediately. What should I say ? Please?
  10. So there it is…. I don’t even know what address to send it to, I looked it up online and they have several thru out the US. Then to whom do I address it to. Do I call them first? Do I tell them what I’m doing? I have very little time left now.
  11. ~Image Removed due to personal information being shown. MLH - if you want to re-post the image you may, but crop out your name and address on the bottom please.~
  12. Okay understand. On the Midland case , what if I send a hardship request? No medical. I was told by another here yesterday I would have to find a doctors proof. I moved to South Carolina 6 years ago from the north. In the North I was under a Doctors care since 1994 when I was first diagnosed with Meneires Disease. I haven’t seen a doctor since I’ve moved but I have all the medical records since then. I don’t have health insurance. So in order to stop any more financial hardship what if I wrote a settlement offer of 30% lump sum to Midland hardship program. I drafted another letter I’ll enclose. Will this change my account status and hold off on any attorney? Please advise.
  13. I did place a one lumps sum offer to a JBD attorney (portfolio) of 350.00 on a 1500.00 debt . I just saw that my case status says pending/ADR. Now what the attorneys are doing with that I have no idea. I feel like I want to call them and push for a result before it’s forced into trial but it fears me for I have no idea what that will cause? I can’t open anymore Pandora Boxes. I’m at stand still with this suit. the above statements are about a 2nd prelitigation letter from midland credit. They definitely own the account because I found a filed letter from the OC , saying they own the account. It states in the letter I must call by 10/16 , to avoid them forwarding my case to a attorney. Again, I’m at a loss for fear of opening Pandora’s Box if I call. And if I don’t call, they will get another attorney and the costs will increase. “I'm not liking this legal game of cards” Ive never been a gambler
  14. Thank you very much, I have not sent that letter. After sleeping over it, I realize that it would be opening up a “Pandora’s Box” I now see how motion of discovery’s could come into play. I am on the deed, with survivorship as joint tenancy. My bank accounts are spread with very very little money in them. I have a joint account with my 15 year old daughter 240.00 , I have a individual account that has 700.00 , I have a joint account out of state that services my LOC (line of credit) checking account that my husband (whom has no affiliation with my home whatsoever). The only thing in that account is enough money each month to pay the LOC. Which is currently in debt of 750.00. Then I have a joint account (checking) with my husband that his paycheck goes into each week. That account pays for living expenses and is drain within days after paying bills for the week. So I do know that South Carolina has a exemption of $5,000 liquid assets. So I’m thinking I am covered there. My main issue is will they be able to force the sale on the house if they are granted a judgement of 2,600.00 (almost 2,700.00) . I less advised by a Bankruptsy lawyer that my home has too much equity in it that even my state /federal homestead exemptions would stop the forcing of sale. Especially chapter7. But they wanted 4,000 to do the Bankruptsy of chapter13 and because of the equity the repayment of all my creditors would be around75%. And on top of that repayment it would be a additional 4,000.00 for attorneys fees. So it would mean that I’m paying almost if not more money to claim bankruptcy than to settle each one myself. So in closing I feel like I’m stuck dealing with each lawsuit as they come individually. I’m so overwhelmed by this . So thank you for your info. I wish there was some quick fix but it doesn’t seem in my favor.
  • Create New...