I have yet been served, and there is a possibility they attempted. Pre-trial been set for 3 weeks from now. For the amount that I been sued,
what options do I have at this moment. Some people will say well if you are not served then just wait it out but I need to hear smart answers.
1. Who is the named plaintiff in the suit? Midland
2. What is the name of the law firm handling the suit? -
3. How much are you being sued for? $1054.00
4. Who is the original creditor? Commenity
5. How do you know you are being sued? Lawyer emails
6. How were you served? Have not been served.
7. Was the service legal as required by your state? State of Florida, yes
Process Service Requirements by State - Summons Complaint
8. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? none
9. What state and county do you live in? Duval County, Florida
10. When is the last time you paid on this account? Around 2020
11. When did you open the account? 2018
12. What is the SOL on the debt? I believe 5 years in FL
13. What is the status of your case? Hearing for November 1st, have yet to be served.
14. Have you disputed the debt with the credit bureaus (both the original creditor and the collection agency? Last year
15. Did you request debt validation before the suit was filed? No
16. How long do you have to respond to the suit? a
Did you receive an interrogatory (questionnaire) regarding the lawsuit? no
17. What evidence did they send with the summons?
I have not looked at the summons as I have yet to be served.
18. How did you find out about this site? internet search