Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Tee's Achievements


Member (2/6)



  1. According to the directions for form 982 you have to have had your debts discharged to file form 982. It is my understanding that debts can only be "discharged" through bankruptcy. And if you look at the form it asks questions about which debts were discharged. From form directions, "Generally, the amount by which you benefit from the discharge of indebtedness is included in your gross income. However, under certain circumstances described in section 108, you may exclude the amount of discharged indebtedness from your gross income."
  2. Was in a car accident; Have Kaiser medical insurance; Kaiser put a lien on auto insurance co settlement; Settlement was just enough to cover medical bills. Medical Bills not paid and now in Kaiser's collection department. I don't understand why my own insurance won't just cover the bills. What's the best course of action to negotiate a settlement with Kaiser for payment?
  3. Thanks, any idea what the creditor meant by saying the bureau could contact him for a rating? is this the same as reporting?
  4. Is there a law or technique to make a creditor report an account to the bureaus? This is in reference to a car loan that was financed through a dealership carrying his own paperwork. There are no lates and the vehicle will be paid off in a couple of months. The dealer was asked to report but replied that the bureau will need to contact him for a rating and he will say triple A, but I don't think this going to serve the purpose I need. Please help!
  5. In reading the tax code, it seemed like that non principle amount or interest doesn't have to be reported. So if that is the case, can one exclude the interest when reporting taxable income on taxes? I'm thinking a large portion of the amount on my 1099 is interest, but the company listed zero interest. What do you think? -Tee
  6. I just got a 1099 for a settlement agreement with a creditor and at the time my amount was "forgiven" I had more debt than assets. Other than filing bankruptcy how do you think one could prove more debts than assets to justify not including the forgiven amount as income on taxes? I need something concrete as the creditor also sent a copy of the 1099 to IRS and if this comes back later I could be liable for interest and penalties. -Tee
  7. In my experience, this is not necessary. However, my removal was done through the credit bureaus not the creditor. -Tee
  8. I've developed my SOL letter to send to a collection agency with the help of info on http://community-2.webtv.net/Y-chat/WhyChatsCredit/ However, in the letter I will send notifying the agency to cease and desist because it is past the SOL do I have to say in the letter "this is not a refusal to pay"? I am not asking for validation and have not asked. Please help, I dont want to leave anything out that must be there. Thanks. [Edit by Tee on Friday, March 28, 2003 @ 10:33 AM]
  9. 400 Christina Rd. Newark, DE 19713 is where I have sent all of my correspondence. They always send me a notice saying to call them; however I know they do have a settlement unit. This unit's phone and fax is (877) 838-6262 (302) 458=3456 you could always call and get an address. Also, they have a consumer finan. pre chrg off dept Sue Stevenson is in that dept. at 888 777-4059 x59134. Anyone in any dept can call a customer on a delinquent acct, which is why it's hard to stick with the same person. If you happen to call and get a person's name send the letters to that person and only that person, not to other names on the letters they send you. They have offered me settlement amounts which have gone down. I am planning to settle, but my offers/agreement will be in writing only. But I got names of people who made me the offers and their depts. They won't budge on removing derrogatory info on credit report though. [Edit by Tee on Friday, March 28, 2003 @ 10:27 AM]
  10. I'm writing a letter to a collection agency that is trying to collect on a debt that is over 11yrs old. What is the exact statute to quote regarding the California statute of limitations being up? I checked the FCRPA and FDCPA and can't find what addresses the statute of limitations. Thanks.
  11. I had the same thing happen with Transunion. I didn't notice it until months after it was done. I just happened to be comparing two reports from them. I wrote them a letter stating that the account was erroneously deleted, provided the account name and account number and requested reinsertion onto my credit report. I assume they were able to verify from previous records with them or directly from the creditor because it was added back within 30 days. -Tee
  12. 123rich, Don't forget to spell check and take out the blah, blah's or they'll laugh at your proposal. Just kidding I know it's just a draft, sounds fine to me. Post an update as to if they accept it. Tee
  13. Not sure if your dealing with the original creditor or a collection agency, but this could work for both. Probably the best method would be debt validation for the collection agencies, and disputing through the bureaus, but that does take time. If you're really desperate and pressed for time you could contact the collection agency to work out a settlement agreement in writing stating that in exchange for your payment they will remove their entries from your credit. Have them fax their signed agreement to you before you send a payment. Have them mail the hard copy as well. You'll then have the accounts paid, and also removed from your reports. See if you can also negotiate the amount to a lesser amount. -Tee [Edit by Tee on Friday, February 7, 2003 @ 11:25 AM]
  14. Thanks for your response. While I read the steps on debt validation, I am unsure as to the step specific to my situation. The next step according to the debt validation strategy on your site is: "If they haven't sent you satisfactory proof, send a copy of your receipt for your registered mail, a copy of the first letter you sent and a statement that they have not complied with the FDCPA and are now in violation of the act. Tell them they need to immediately remove the collection listing from your credit report or you are going to file a lawsuit because they are in violation of the FDCPA, section 809 (." Well, I already did this in my 2nd letter to them when they didn't respond to the first. Should I now contact the credit bureaus saying they haven't verified? The letter you have to the bureaus is when the bureau has said they've verified when they havent'. I know it seems like a no-brainer, but I don't want to do anything wrong or to prolong the process. Still confused. Thanks.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.