• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by Ahntara

  1. 1) It's true. You may wish to obtain your CR by other means. 2) Totally up to you. There's no preferable way. 3) Sure. They all have either 30 or 45 days to respond. Might as well use the SAME time period for each CRA. 4) Dispute to the CRA because you don't know, don't recognize. Research more before you use that or the standard 'not mine' as your reason. This typically results in verification/update. You may also wish to research the 1-2 punch. This involves sending a dispute to the CRA's, then DV'ing the CA's. Once again, you want to be careful. If your desire is to simply find out who, what & how much - this will achieve that goal. If you wish to repair & remove, this may not work in your favor. Educating yourself is time well-spent at this stage.
  2. "...wife is under my insurance policy..." "...never signed anything agreeing to pay her medical bills..." Those two statements contradict each other.
  3. Ahntara


    You may wish to clean up your last post. It's tedious to type out, but grammar and punctuation help comprehension tremendously. "...reported after the filing date..." Nothing wrong with that. The Data Furnisher may continue to report/update the TL for the full legal Reporting Period, per the FCRA 1681c, Subsection 605. Reporting is simply a transfer of data. Even the same data being transferred month after month will cause the 'date last reported' to reflect to most current transfer. This is especially the case when you dispute. In response to any dispute, the DF will either verify & update, correct the entry or the entire TL will get suppressed due to their non-response to the CRA. "...reported as a del. ..." What does that mean? I can't make out the rest of your post, but it sounds like the TL is reported accurately. And yes, it can report 'all of those' as long as it meets the conditions Admin detailed; like IIB with a $0 balance. You didn't mention the CRA, but it's typical for the previous status to report. That's fine, as long as the current status (IIB) also reports. Credit reports are all about showing the History of the account. Denita: You're correct. I didn't see anything in the original post about a balance and assumed it was $0 IIB, in addition to the other things the OP inquired about.
  4. You may wish to read the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Another important item is to google the recent FTC focus on the industry. A third suggestion would be to speak to those who have been there.
  5. Ahntara


    You disputed, so they updated in response. That's the typical result of a dispute. Either the TL gets verified and updated or it's suppressed. Charge off was the previous status, that sounds correct. It's also inactive, cuz you filed BK and it was CO'd. 'Included in BK' is also a proper designation on the TL since it probably was, correct? What, exactly are you looking for?
  6. Just to reiterate... Public Records of many legal actions are kept at your local courthouse. Marriages, births, lawsuits and transfer (title/deed) of property. Once a judgment is granted against you, the Public Record is open to viewing by anyone. Yes, the CRA's are hesitant to reveal the exact means by which they obtain and verify PR's. But the fact still remains that your judgment can be easily by found by a trip to the Records Department or, possibly, by an online search.
  7. "...better credit scores, quick..." The fastest way to improve your score is to pay down all revolving accounts to between 1% - 9% of the highest credit, or credit limit, reported. You can find tons of information here and elsewhere on the net about this. Search the terms "utilization" or 'usage'. You'll want to tread carefully taking any other action. This is not the time to randomly dispute or close any accounts. You can post details of your CR here for more specific guidance.
  8. Nope. Because once an account goes into default the entire balance is due and payable in full. An OC or CA may accept partial payment, but you get no brownie points for it.
  9. "...is this a genuine MOV reply..." Yes. You requested the method and they replied, "...automated verfication system or letter...". "...If we can't...verify, how did they..." They purchase Public Records data, like Tax Liens, from secondary databases like INNOVIS & LexisNexis. Gathering PR's used to be done by independent contractors who sold the data to the small CRA's, who re-sold to the big 3. Nowadays, it probably can be done online. But once inaccurate info gets into the 'system', like your incorrect pay-off date, it can be difficult to fix. It may be that there was delay in getting the 'paid' notation recorded in your county. That could easily account for a 3-mo difference. It's typical for the CRA's to rely on a recorded, official, date rather than the actual pay-off date, which only you may have access to in your records. "...stall letter..." Nope, no stall. You asked for the method and they gave it to you. "...from date paid, not date reported..." 'Date paid' relates to the plain language in the FCRA. The reality is that the CRA's don't know when a lien was paid and will default to a recorded date on the disposition. They get that wiggle room from an SOP perspective on PR's. You may have to file suit to get them to recognize your actual pay-off date. "...general knowledge not to send any paperwork..." Sending paperwork connects the lien to you. If you want to aim for suppression in the future, that would be problematic. You can't very well dispute as 'not mine' if you've previously supplied a pay-off date or Release of Lien. However, in your case, sending the paperwork may also get this resolved. All PR's need a disposition. Whether or not you want yours displayed on your CR is up to you. Be aware, it's typical for the CRA's not to accept your documentation as 'proof'. They will still verify through their sources. So, it's best to check the appropriate County Recorder's Office to see what they have in their records as the Release date. You may also wish to check your INNOVIS report as well. You can search here for contact info.
  10. "...never on title..." How did the gas company know who to forward the bill to?
  11. You may wish to obtain a copy of your Innovis report. Innovis is source of public records for the big 3. A quite search here should yield the contact information.
  12. Consumers have to be discerning about the company they choose. Some perform hard pulls each time. And yes, those will reflect as point-costing inquiries in your credit score. Find a company that doesn't pull & use them exclusively. Or alternatively, find a company that will pull your credit once per year. Some offer buyer-club type programs for frequent customers.
  13. "...If...they transferred the bill to your name, they cannot..." They may be able to do that, according to state law, or county ordinance. Gunny, contact your local Clerk of Courts for specifics relating to landlord/tenancy laws & the local utilities. The gas company may have legal right to require payment from the title holder (for the property) if the tenant/account holder defaults. So, your first step is finding out IF they can. Once you know that, you can make a plan of action.
  14. "...request...they stop calling our employers..." Find out BEFORE you contact them. With your troubles, you should focus on educating and informing yourselves before taking action. This is not the time for a misstep. Start by reading the FDCPA. There is a sticky at the top of the page. Highlight & tab the pertinent sections. You may wish to go ahead & consult a BK attorney. There is typically no fee for a consultation and no shame is acquiring information that will help you as you go forward. Remember, no one WANTS to file BK. But it exists to help consumers out of 'financial situations'. Payments extend the SOL on your debts, thus extending the time period you can be sued. You need to understand the ramifications before you do that too. You may also wish to familiarize yourself with your state's statute. With the gov't bailout, the climate is beginning to change. No one really knows how that money will get applied yet. Consumers in foreclosure & preforeclosure may be able to modify both the terms & balance of their loan, and CC companies may have to lower interest rates and accept less than the full amount. But, it's gonna take some time for it all to get sorted out. Educate yourself!
  15. Amanda: It's true that all the inquiries within a specific time frame (14 - 30 days), Related to a Specific Transaction, count IN THE SCORE as 1. This bundling happens when your score is calculated and has to contain elements that cause the software to recognize that they are related. The individual inquiries will still be listed, en masse. The scoring software will also spit out the 'too many inquiries' as a reason, since those 'reasons' are mostly meaningless.
  16. We need a bit more info before advising you. "...repairing our credit..." Have you disputed to the CRA's, sent DV to any CA's? What else? "...not verify but provide proof..." Depends on who, exactly, you want the 'proof' to come from and what that 'proof' entails... If you are seeking 'proof' from the CRA's, they will never provide that to a consumer, lawsuit or not. They are only repositories of data provided by their client/subscribers. When a consumer disputes something, the CRA's (electronically) ask the Data Furnisher if what they have already been provided is accurate and then parrot the answer back to you. The CRA's will never involve themselves other than to confer with their DF. "...what your thoughts are..." Whatever Rick is selling can probably be found here for free. We would suggest that you read the stickies, use the search function to read previous threads and, in general, educate yourself thoroughly rather than purchasing or hiring someone else.
  17. Before you file suit, try one more time... Read this: "605B. Block of information resulting from identity theft (a) BLOCK- Except as otherwise provided in this section, a consumer reporting agency shall block the reporting of any information in the file of a consumer that the consumer identifies as information that resulted from an alleged identity theft, not later than 4 business days after the date of receipt by such agency of-- (1) appropriate proof of the identity of the consumer; (2) a copy of an identity theft report; (3) the identification of such information by the consumer; and (4) a statement by the consumer that the information is not information relating to any transaction by the consumer..." Now, gather all the required info, in the order and manner listed, and send it to the CRA's. The law requires the CRA's to PERMANENTLY BLOCK any accounts/transactions alleged to have originated from Id Theft/Fraud. Send a copy of the docs to Zenith for informational purposes to show they no longer have PP to perform inquiries. If the account is not permanently blocked from appearing on your CR, then do an ITS letter. You may also wish to send complaints to the FTC, your state's AG & any other consumer protection organization you can think of. The law doesn't provide for determination or evaluation. It requires the CRA's to act according to the plain language of the statute, but only if YOU send what's required to the correct place (the CRA's).
  18. Sounds like you may be confused about SOL. SOL is state law that details the time period during which a valid lawsuit may be brought against you and the ramifications should judgment be granted. The expiration of this time period doesn't automatically prevent a suit, but rather, provides an affirmative defense. SOL doesn't address collection efforts, which can continue (pretty much) forever on unpaid debts. So, no, you have no legal recourse on a CA attempting to collect an old, unpaid debt. But you do have the option of sending the cease communication letter.
  19. "...tell whoever...cease and desist from calling..." It would be great if it worked that way, but it doesn't. From the FDCPA 1692c, Subsection 805© Ceasing Communication "If a consumer notifies a debt collector in writing that the consumer refuses to pay a debt or that the consumer wishes the debt collector to cease further communication with the consumer, the debt collector shall not communicate further with the consumer with respect to such debt, except -- (1) to advise the consumer that the debt collector's further efforts are being terminated; (2) to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor may invoke specified remedies which are ordinarily invoked by such debt collector or creditor; or (3) where applicable, to notify the consumer that the debt collector or creditor intends to invoke a specified remedy...." The instruction must be 'in writing' and it means ALL communication, not just telephone calls. On debts that are within your state's SOL, such instruction leaves a CA with little choice other than 1) to ignore the debt, or 2) sue you. (See nascar's post) You may wish to educate yourself prior to doing anything...
  20. "...Emailing is the way to go...": I disagree. For issues relating to credit, snail mail, preferably CMRRR, is best.
  21. You don't have to use them, but they do... The dispute 'reasons' coincide with a 2-digit code that a CRA monkey will translate whatever you write inito. If you provide no clear 'reason', they must pick one. We've read that they have a mere 8 seconds to do that. So, it's best not to be vague or write a book. They will typically go with 'not mine'. But that's not the best scenario for you if the TL gets verified and you wish to follow up with other disputes. Find each small inaccurate detail in the TL and dispute, repeatedly if necessary, using those details.
  22. "...I filed an online dispute..." There is much info on the board about online vs. snail mail disputes. You may wish to do some research & reading. A valid Public Record can appear on your CR any time during Reporting Period, per the FCRA 1681c, Subsection 605. The reinsertion provision would apply also, but then, you'd have to prove your case. That's the tickle, apparently, with online disputes...
  23. Before you fire off an ITS letter: Did you have your Satisfaction recorded in the Public Records department at the courthouse? Recording typically involves a small fee per page. Doing that allows your document to get picked up by EQ's usual PR search/database and can make the process much easier. You are correct that the CRA's won't simply 'drop' a legitimate Public Record just for the asking. But you can research your state's laws to see if obtaining an Order to Vacate Judgment, which is akin to a dismissal, is possible. Getting a Vacate would allow you to fight to have the record suppressed. That's the best option. Alternatively, you need to get the Satisfaction added. And don't get bent out of shape by EQ's refusal to use your documentation. They never do that.
  24. Just to clarify: Your SSN is NOT needed to pull credit. Refusing to provide it won't necessarily prevent an inquiry.