LadyButler

Members
  • Content Count

    192
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LadyButler

  1. Heya folks! OK... Long story- but I'll try to make it short. I had paid extra on a car note and received an e-bill stating I was in the clear until May. Come May- the day after my payment is due, I call to make a payment and am told that I'm a month behind. I pay the overdue balance immediately- along with the May payment. I told the guy that I had originally been told I was in the clear until May- which of course I have no proof of since I didn't save the e-bill... ... but it's the honest to God truth! Naturally they reported it on our credit report- as is their right. Has anyone ever had any sucess in getting a single 30 days late notation removed with a goodwill letter? (I need it removed to qualify earlier for a low income mortgage... which is another long story...) It was technically a clerical error on their part which caused the overdue balance... which I paid as soon as I found out about it. Any suggestions on wording? Also- I seem to remember a website that had a way to contact higher ups in companies through the web or email... something like infoplanet or global something. Sorry so vague! Any help is appreciated! A
  2. I finally got a response back from Capital One regarding the settlement offer I sent them. Are they serious? Where should I go from here? TIA!!!!
  3. You've documented all your correspondence, right? (Of course you have!!!) OK... RE: the CRAs... their time is up. Send the request once more... if they don't respond again within 35 days... (30 days + 5 for the mail)... send a letter of complaint to the FTC and copy it to the CRA. That should light a fire under their rears!
  4. OK... IMO, you should send letters to all of your original creditors... tell them that you are working with a bankruptcy lawyer- but don't want to bk except as a last resort. Explain to them that you would like to offer a settlement of 25% of the amount owed to be accepted as payment in full and that they must agree not sell or transferthe rest of the original balance. Also- require that they retract all accounts from the CAs and have them delete any negative marks on your CRs. Emphasize to them that this is their only real chance at getting money from you considering that if your offer isn't accepted, you'll have no choice but to file bankruptcy. You've only a certain amount of $$$ to work with- if they don't want to work with you, your money goes elsewhere. So- to sum up... Include in your CMRRR letter: 25% settlement offer contingent upon: 25% is payment in full. Other 75% will not be sold or transferred. Retract account from CA Delete negatives and mark paid as agreed Your only other option is BK- which you'd rather avoid- but will have to do if offer not accepted. Limited funds to work with. Use an agreement to settle debt similar to the one found on the sample letter page...( http://www.creditinfocenter.com/forms/ )... and don't send ANY money until you have a copy of the signed agreement in your hot little hand. YOU'VE got the upper hand here... They'll have a quite difficult time getting anything from you otherwise- so it's in their best interest to work with you. Stand up, take charge... and show 'em you mean business!!! Good Luck!!! (Oh.. and love on that baby!!! )
  5. Sheesh! Kinda makes you wonder if you really want to be doing business with them... I mean- I understand that occasionally things fall through the cracks... but right from the get go they're trouble! Good luck!
  6. Threaten foreclosure to see if she'll pay up!... Or threaten that you have several options to force collection of the $$$... one of which is foreclosure. That way you don't HAVE to foreclose immediately if she doesn't pay.
  7. Threaten foreclosure to see if she'll pay up!... Or threaten that you have several options to force collection of the $$$... one of which is foreclosure. That way you don't HAVE to foreclose immediately if she doesn't pay.
  8. Oh... I almost forgot... NCO has been removed from all of my CRs... What's the chance they show up again? So to sum up... Do I Re-request validation? Do I offer settlement for non-rereporting? Do I do the hokey-pokey? Thanks!
  9. Oh... I almost forgot... NCO has been removed from all of my CRs... What's the chance they show up again? So to sum up... Do I Re-request validation? Do I offer settlement for non-rereporting? Do I do the hokey-pokey? Thanks!
  10. If you hadn't already paid, you'd have more leverage! I don't know a CA in their "right" mind that would give money back after they've got it... regardless of whether or not they got it honestly! That said- it never hurts to try to improve your situation once you've already met your "obligtions". I believe you're going to find it most difficult to get any information from either the CA or AMEX. Good luck!!!
  11. If you hadn't already paid, you'd have more leverage! I don't know a CA in their "right" mind that would give money back after they've got it... regardless of whether or not they got it honestly! That said- it never hurts to try to improve your situation once you've already met your "obligtions". I believe you're going to find it most difficult to get any information from either the CA or AMEX. Good luck!!!
  12. I'm dealing with Crap 1 as well... I think I've basically decided that if I can't get them to delete... I'm just not going to freak out about it. I'm pretty sure I can get them to settle for less than owed... and I'll be happy with that. Good luck for you... and let us know if you make progress with them!!!
  13. I'm dealing with Crap 1 as well... I think I've basically decided that if I can't get them to delete... I'm just not going to freak out about it. I'm pretty sure I can get them to settle for less than owed... and I'll be happy with that. Good luck for you... and let us know if you make progress with them!!!
  14. OK... I had DV'd NCO after having made some payments... surprisingly... they actually responded to the DV... They sent the original contract I signed, a copy of my DV request, and a computer print out that includes my contact info at the time the debt was incurred, a notation of the insurance I had at the time with 9/12/03 and .00 listed next to it, "dates billed/sent 9/11/03 00/00/00", "Adm/Dis/Los 9/4/03" (I'm assuming that's date of service), Pat/Acct Bals: 230.55, and finally 3 medical service codes with the fee notations of 123.00, 58.00, and 40.00 (Which adds up to 221.00). Does this constitute Validation? (I don't think so)... So what do I do next?
  15. OK... I had DV'd NCO after having made some payments... surprisingly... they actually responded to the DV... They sent the original contract I signed, a copy of my DV request, and a computer print out that includes my contact info at the time the debt was incurred, a notation of the insurance I had at the time with 9/12/03 and .00 listed next to it, "dates billed/sent 9/11/03 00/00/00", "Adm/Dis/Los 9/4/03" (I'm assuming that's date of service), Pat/Acct Bals: 230.55, and finally 3 medical service codes with the fee notations of 123.00, 58.00, and 40.00 (Which adds up to 221.00). Does this constitute Validation? (I don't think so)... So what do I do next?
  16. In reality- you can almost always find SOMEONE who will be willing to lend you money for a house... HOWEVER... the lower your credit- the higher the rates are going to be! Check out the links here: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/mortgage/ for more info. Good luck to you!
  17. In reality- you can almost always find SOMEONE who will be willing to lend you money for a house... HOWEVER... the lower your credit- the higher the rates are going to be! Check out the links here: http://www.creditinfocenter.com/mortgage/ for more info. Good luck to you!
  18. You could try the latter... that might work... (if you're lucky!) DV'ing the CA is pointless at this stage... and you can't DV an OC. (You COULD... but they're not under an obligation to respond... and would probably ignore you.) They're not bound by the same laws the CAs are.
  19. You could try the latter... that might work... (if you're lucky!) DV'ing the CA is pointless at this stage... and you can't DV an OC. (You COULD... but they're not under an obligation to respond... and would probably ignore you.) They're not bound by the same laws the CAs are.