• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About MissaFraQ

  • Rank
    Impressive 100+ postings

Profile Fields

  • Location
    North Carolina
  1. Ask the branch manager at your bank to put in writing that no request for validation/information was received from the CRA.
  2. I wish I could say I've had such good luck. Palisades is the BANE of my existence!! I filed a dispute (several actually)....received an updated CR showing the deletion. The very NEXT DAY - I received an alert from TC and guess who was back? Yup you guessed it. Palisades....sumbiatches!
  3. It is my understanding that tax liens can be reported indefinitely. A State or Federal lien can be listed on your CR for 10 years from the date of payment. I dont know if its unenforceable or not but I would think the IRS would come after you eventually if you owe that kind of money
  4. That's what I would do. Money Orders only.
  5. I think I'd also FRAME that letter
  6. Go get'm!! I'd take them for all I could get if I was you.
  7. Hey now! I told you I was turning on the way back machine I also quoted (cut & pasted) straight from the irs website (credited at the bottom of my post) and I also told the OP to read publication 950 which would lay out all the rules & regulation much better than I could. Besides, anything under 12k and you don't have to do anything.
  8. I am soooo sorry to hear that. You deserve much better imho
  9. The chargers are my DH's FAVORITE team. Of course, he's from SD and he even worked in the stadium in his teens Chargers are actually my 2nd favorite team
  10. I may be wrong but I "thought" I read somewhere where the CA's are required to report the DOFD within 90 days. Unfortunately right now I'm drawing a blank.
  11. Good Luck to ya!! And your right, it would be nice to see a time line from start to end (or whatever hehe)
  12. If it was me, I would sent a dispute letter to the CA (CMRRR of course). Once the little green card came back - I would dispute it with the CRA. See what happens after that. You really don't have anything to lose because if it DOES show up on the other 2 CRA - you can dispute them immediately since the CA will already have your DV letter. Also, am I understanding this correctly - They listed it on your credit report, you disputed it and it was deleted. And then 2 weeks ago, it was re-inserted? If that is correct, did you get a letter from the CRA notifying you of the re-insertion?
  13. If you gave any one person gifts in 2006 that valued at more than $12,000, you must report the total gifts to the Internal Revenue Service and may have to pay tax on the gifts. The person who receives your gift does not have to report the gift to the IRS or pay gift or income tax on its value. Gifts include money and property, including the use of property without expecting to receive something of equal value in return. If you sell something at less than its value or make an interest-free or reduced-interest loan, you may be making a gift. There are some exceptions to the tax rules on gifts. The following gifts do not count against the annual limit: *Tuition or Medical Expenses that you pay directly to an educational or medical institution for someone's benefit *Gifts to your Spouse *Gifts to a Political Organization for its use *Gifts to Charities If you are married, both you and your spouse can give separate gifts of up to the annual limit to the same person without making a taxable gift. *Taken from the IRS website at the following url http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=107815,00.html Also see IRS Publication 950. http://www.irs.gov/publications/p950/index.html