• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About Btotheizzle

  • Rank
    Impressive 100+ postings

Profile Fields

  • Location
  1. So it's been a while since I have hit up the forums. I have used my credit knowledge to fight off NCO successfully. However last year I had a judgment awarded against me from another debt collector. I was out of state, didn't know it was happening, tried to vacate it - got shot up with "wasn't responsible enough to notify the court" yada yada. So for a long time not much happened until now - today I got served with an: ORDER TO APPEAR BEFORE COURT COMMISSIONER. Basically I have to show " answer under oath questions concerning your property; and to abide and preform such further or other o
  2. Attached to the motion is an Affidavit in Support of Motion for Summary Judgment [from what looks like some kind of accountant] and my CC statments.
  3. I recently received a Motion for Summary Judgement. Now up to this point I have been served, and answered. In my answer I only agreed to having an account with the OC. I denied how much they say I owed them. At this point they have only provided my statments along with the court paperwork. So I have a few questions: 1. Is the fact that I agreed I had an account with them screw over the fact that they have not [and most likely won't have] my original signed agreement or terms of service? As I have already asked for this back when doing DV. 2. Is it enough fact to file an Motion to Dismis
  4. JDB = Junk Debt Buyer. Chances are they bought your debt for cheap. How it works is eventually the OC decides its not worth collecting your debt anymore and sells it for pennies on the dollar to whomever is willing to buy it. Then the JDB turns around and tries to make some sweet cash because it is a valid debt - but now they are responsible to deal with you. When the weak JDB gets the cold shoulder they normaly sell it off again to another JDB and let them give it a go - all the time adding fees as they see fit. Normaly they have terrible documentation. Use the law to your advantage.
  5. Was hopping I wouldnt have to fill this thing out anytime soon, but well, FUDGE! 1. Who is suing you? KOHN LAW FIRM 2. For how much? 3. Who is the original creditor? BOA 4. How do you know you are being sued? Served. 5. How were you served? Were you served? Server guy. Yes. 6. What was your correspondence (if any) with the people suing you before you think you were being sued? A few letters, and my statments. 7. Where do you live? WI 8. When is the last time you paid on this account? June 30th 2005 to O.C. 9. What is the status of your case (if anything has been opened)? You can find this by
  6. if you sent it out within the initial 30 days you are safe. So go smack them around on some FDCPA violation
  7. Yes, its now time to make a stand. They cant keep giving you the run around on this. Take their asses to court and make them pay up
  8. I'm not really sure if they have to tell them, but it makes no differnece. The ones you want to go after are whomever is reporting on your CR as they should not be if it was included in your BK. So tell them to get it off your report or sue them. I'd even grab a lawyer on this one.
  9. Wow they even verified. I believe you are going in the right direction. You could also send all that crap to the CRA's and tell them if they dont remove it you will sue. Either way GO GET EM
  10. you got it right on the nose PFD = Pay For Delete. Yes, however make sure you get everything in writing!!! Seems like a no brainer, but so many people dont and end up getting screwed. They are more willing if you pay in full, however negotiate and see if you can get a better deal. A CA can do this for you, they may tell you that they can't, but they are bull-shitting you. You may be able to negotiate with the OC again, this depends on whether or not you debt has been sold and the contract between the OC and the CA. Oh yeah, abreviations are found in this thread: http://www.debt-consolid
  11. DOLA + about 180 days Its been charged off you'd most likely be dealing with a CA. Often times the OC is under contract with a CA to not cut them out. So you may not be able to negotiate with the OC. But if you can settle try and go for a PFD. Remember everything in writing before hand! Its up to you on the one that might fall off. I would dispute both and follow the steps outline in the DV process. You may be able to just pay for delete on them because they are so small. One last thing, have you checked the SOL for the one that will fall off in a year? It may be time barred from coll
  12. just fill out apps and make up some bull-****. Its a proven fact most CC companies just dont care. Go HOG wild. with a FICO of 720 she should be in the clear