Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Steve-0

  1. Can anyone please provide me with a sample Order to Show Cause in NY state? Anyone have anything they used that worked? Thanks so much
  2. DV them! read under the "Debt Validation" link up at the top
  3. Congrats Franpat. that's great for you! What were the events that led to you winning the case? Did you have to go to court? Did you send them the discontinuance? Can you give more specifics?
  4. I had a judgment( that I got vacated) from a JDB that also said 'MED1' on my TU report. I have no clue how it got that designation, when the judgment was for an alleged credit card CO. What does medical info have to do with a credit card?
  5. Please keep updating this thread! It's the first thing I read when on come to this board. No lack of excitement here. Again, sorry you have to go through all of this, but thanks for sharing!
  6. definitely worth a try. Is any of your paper work signed by a judge? I had a vacated judgment removed from my report by sending them a copy of the signed order.
  7. You can write up an order to have the judge sign, stating that your motion to vacate was granted, or however the details pertain to your situation. Once you have the signed copy, send it to the CRA.
  8. Call or go to the courthouse to see if the summons has been filed. Make sure you answer the complaint.
  9. Sounds like the person doing the backround check REALLY dropped the ball here. Thanks for sharing your story, and I am sorry that you had to go through all of that. This was an interesting post and I am glad that I read it.
  10. I disputed with the CRA, not with the OC specifically. When I dispute the CRA, It's my understanding that they send a message to the OC regarding the dispute, and then the OC verifies, or does nothing. If the OC or CRA are supposed to be reporting it as in dispute and they are not, I want to know. Who is in the wrong here? the furnisher, right? This should all be fixed once I send the Police report to the OC, but I am just asking this as a matter of law. Thanks again for the posts
  11. Thanks for you response. I didn't send the police report yet. It took some time to locate and get a copy, but I have it now. I just thought that the OC had to report as "in dispute," since I did dispute.
  12. ...This Account Information." This is an OC, and I have disputed twice with EQ in the past 6 months. Once in writing last year, and the second time was 2 weeks ago, online. 1) I didnt open this account up 2) the dola and dolp make no sense. 3) this has to do with a robbery id theft that happened to me 4 years ago. I am still dealing with the repercussions. thankfully I have a police report OC verified both times, and EQ sent me the letter telling me so. But shouldn't they(OC and EQ) be reporting that I dispute this account? at least until I can get them the police report and affidavit? Is this a FCRA 623 violation? Thanks for reading this.
  13. By file, do you mean to fill out the FTC ID theft affidavit, or something else? file a police report on the ID theft? I had a similar thing happen to me as the OP, and I want to make sure I am doing everything in my power to right the situation. Thanks
  14. Keep searching. Pehaps try to search for FDCPA in "Titles Only." I know that I have seen it posted here before.
  15. I've read the info on the .ed.gov site many times and I can't really figure out if I would be able to defer after consolidation...I'll read it again
  16. If I consolidate my federal loans now, and then return to graduate school in the Fall, will I be able to defer my payments until after I graduate? Or, does consolidation ruin the In-School Deferment thing? Will I have to keep paying my undergrad loans off while I'm in grad school? Thanks
  17. If you write the account # with the xxxx at the end, then that should be suficient for them to find out which account is yours. It worked for me when I did it.
  18. Quick question. Can anyone help me out with an answer? Do I file my Request for Production of Documents with the court, or do I just send it to the plaintiff? Thanks
  19. Thanks to all for responding with such great insight. dixiedrifter- what is meant by stay? and sanctions? Do you mean that I should file an order to "unlevy" the account at bank#2? Methuss- Where can I find more info about that law regarding banks withholding cash? I think that I am going to speak to a lawyer tommorow. This thing is getting out of hand and I am pretty sure that the CA owes me money from all of the violations. Sending a restraining order when there is no judgment? come on.
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.