Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by savymicheal

  1. Absolutely you are to demand that they not only send copies of any alleged late pays but update your credit report if there is an inaccuratecies. Be very firm with them in letter form and note they are to adhere to the fair credit reporting act set by the federal government. They should respond accordingly.
  2. Yes you do have to go to the tl to get a deletion! But I'm a little confused ? I am not sure if mean that they are saying he was late in 2006? That is not re-aging if its true.Meaning, even though it was closed if you still had a balance you were still obligated to pay and if you stopped paying simply because it was closed you were wrong!! Now if it was closed in 2003 with a zero balance then they cannot go back and claim you were late when in fact you were not!! You must contact immediatly and dispute with credit bureaus remember you cant sue until you dispute with credit bureaus.
  3. Yes Dispute the balance on all credit reports! Also call the customer service rep and and get a true accounting of your balance and ask that the update all credit reports they report to. This should do the trick!
  4. You are in dispute with a particular creditor. By federal law creditors who are in disputes with their customers they (the creditor) who is the subscriber by the way must report the dispute to credit bureaus!!!!!
  5. Dont do anything it should fall off between march and may. I was going to ask when was the first time your late but they wouldnt put it on your report until you were many months overdue!! Again do nothing!!
  6. Deliberately reporting inaccurate information is illegal under fcra!! You are going to threaten them you will sue them in small claims court if they dont report that you closed this account in 2001. But was that the first time you were 30 days late??? Thats were you count not when you closed.closely look at your older credit reports you should see when you first was 30 days late, that date can never change no matter how many times the oc sells it!!! The item drops off 7 years from first 30 days late!! If it has been more than 7 years then you are like i said going to have to sue!!! Your old credit reports are evidence!!!!!!!
  7. You are always suppose to deal with the oc first!!!!! Now contact the oc and demand and dont be nice!!! You tell them if they dont update your report your are going to sue the hell out of them! Also tell the collections company you are going to sue and you have proof so they had better update your reports immediatedly!!!!!!!!!
  8. Generally you pay off and simply stop using but dont close. Thats to make sure your available credit is far more than used credit i.e. debt!! But in this case if want your deposit back and they are going to you the same even better a higher limit than you had then close the secured card. But make sure you pay it off I mean bring the balance to zero first then cancel!!!
  9. It is all negative downright horrendous credit report!!!!!!!!!!! As they age your score will go up slowly but remember after two years!!! Then the score starts to creep up!! Dont worry about the paid collections thats done!! Concentrate on removing all others but dont offer pay for delete unless you are sure they do that by simply asking the customer service rep just ask the question without admitting you owe anything!! Got it!! If they do then follow there instructions on how to make on offer,usually it is in writing make sure to get the right address and department,and make sure you offer only pennies on the dollar such as 50 to 70% of the balance only!!!.. If they dont there's nothing you can do but wait for time to pass and try to dispute it and hope they (collections) wont respond and therefore the item drops off,thats the common strategy used. Another thing make sure your current on your current account if you have any and stay that way!!!!!!!
  10. First dispute the date of first deliquency with credit bureaus! Oh did i mention you should have never dealt with them in the first place!!!! Secondly contact the oc which you should always do even debt is sold because they usually are more willing to help you in terms of reporting the true status of the debt. The oc can make debt collector report the actual dofd and such! If they cant help you them on to small claims court! You said you have dealing with assest for 5 years this debt may be out of statue or close to it so dont pay a dime even they have reported the dofd as 11/07 never with a fraudulent collections or any collections for that matter other than telling them you are to sue them!! That's the rule always!!! Just concentrate on paying your other debts on time!!! Once the debt collector realizes you are not going to pay them they will move on and not respond to a dispute via credit bureaus and hence let the debt drop off but it will take a awhile but remember.
  11. You know it is valid so why seek validation?? You didnt mention if this is on your credit reports? You live in a different state now so I would not worry until they send you a court papers from a small claims court in the state you now reside!! So no more responding to them until it is a court summons which is unlikely!!!!!!!!!
  12. There is nothing wrong with this account move on it is perfectly positive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. If they said that they will remove all negative info from your cra's then they should but thank God you have that letter because they still may not which is common. So you are going to have to send a copy of that letter to all cra's!! First Premier owns Arrow in case you didnt know so they should have access to all documentation!! Dont panic this doesnt mean they are taking you to court but if they do they must indeed validate the debt so wait for them to send you validation. But dont panic this sounds like this debt is very old i dont what the statue of limitations are in your state but in most states its 3 to 6 years from the time you were first 30 days late. Now you said they can go back 5 years that means the staue is about to expire thats why there contact you hoping you dont know anything about statue of limitations. But if they take you to court it will be to late. So dont worry even if a court date is set you tell the judge that the debt is out of staue( your credit report is proof) and the case should dismissed and it will be!! But its unlikely it will come to that!
  14. If you have any credit cards make sure to lower balances so your are not near 50% usage on any of them!! Better if you werent past 29% usage on any card and/or loans. Thats the best way to raise fico scores fast!!!!!Lower your balances and keep them low!!!
  15. You must be careful. Because your dispute will be ruled frivolous and likely stamp verified! So each disputed item must be accurate and very specific. Not mine is not specific,use "balance incorrect" and etc. That will force the credit bureaus to contact the actual source and await a response as oppose to matching databases. Now for missing info and I'm presuming accounts not showing up you must contact the creditor directly and ask please place on my credit reports!
  16. You are supposed to dv the ca but remember they dont have to respond! Unless they are planning to take you to court. If they send you a summons via the courts in your city you attend and tell the judge that they violated the federal fair debt credit practices act. They must validate before going to court they did not therefore case must be dismissed! It will be!! Stop disputing with credit bureaus saying not mine wont work!!
  17. Unfortunately this kind of violation is not enforced so no this simple yet real violation is not worth you attempting to sue. The best you can do is to add a statement on your credit report,yes you can do this. And explain your side!!But keep it simple,your only allowed 100 words!!
  18. You are not making any sense at all!! But I think I understand. Re-aging is illegal,It is clearly stated in FCRA. The date of last activity is the last activity made to this account sometimes it can be the same as last time you made a payment. So you must write to the original creditor and ask for a payment history of that account. When an account is sold to a collection the last date of activity never changes Hopefully you have old copies of your credit reports thats the next best evidence you have when you go to small claim courts. So if you have not gotten satisfaction from the collection then it is on to small claim court,but make sure you dispute with credit bureau first that the last date of activity is wrong. This is protocol. Then file your claim you will win the $1000. fine for violating the fcra for re-aging!!
  19. Offering a pay for deletion is an option not a guarantee a creditor may not agree. This happens more often then many are willing to admit. So keep that in mind when making an offer in writing of course and only offer 30% to 50% of the balance. Simply say this is the only amount you can afford and see what happens. Remember if they dont accept and you start making small payments the prior negatives doesnt go away it stays for 7 years but affects your score less and less after 2 and a half years after you were first late!! But If I am understanding you the charge offs occurred in 2004. I dont know the statue of limitations in your state but if more than half the time has passed( example if its 6 years and 3 years passed) dont offer more than 40% the debt doesnt have the same value they ( the oc ) sells to collection companies for pennies on the dollar!!
  20. You are all over the place! But I will try to help. First stop applying for credit. You already have collections, you have been iresponsible in the past. As long they are on your report they hurt your overall score,depending how recent they are,the older they are the less effect they have on your score but you have to establish a perfect performance on other accounts and yes that includes that 300 limit. Hsbc doesnt increase limits very often but to get an increase you have to have a perfect paying record and that includes stop applying everywhere that creates a hard inquiry which affects your score if there are a lot of them in a short period of time. You clearly are financially strapped,you have student loans to pay which i know is quite an expense. Only increase your payments if you are financilly able. Usually student loans have a low interest rates and you do have 10 years to pay off. If you do have extra bucks get rid of all the credit card debt and learn to save up for the things you want. Once you get your finances under controll your credit score should start to go up but not for you to use iresponsibly! But to buy a house at a low fixed interest rate and/or emergencies of life. No I dont mean materialism!!!!!!!
  21. collections agency only care about money!They have no interest in your sob story. Many CA will only threaten to take you to court,that is only way to garnish your wages.Now I am not sure of your state collection agency can win a judgement but that doesnt mean your wages are going to be garnished to pay it. In most states if your indigent and it sounds as if you are cant be forced to pay a judgement with your limited means. So dont panic until you are in the court room. Remember if you get a notice of intent to sue directly from the court house dont worry. The collection agency must dv before moving to the next step of filing court papers otherwise your defense to the judge is that the ca didnt dv as require by federal law fdcp act.Case should be dismissed and it will be!!!!!!!
  22. wrong..wrong..wrong...wrong... What mortgage brokers do,is pull the fico scores on both spouses and use the lowest score. If one spouse has a higher fico scores than the other then that spouse should apply under there name only and of course add the other spouse to the title!
  23. You can still settle for pennies on the dollar remeber the debt is years old and it is not 2500 dollars the debt collector only paid pennies on the dollar for the debt. So any amount you pay will be a profit for them. Paying more than 40 percent is robbery and plain stupid. I still will not offer to settle until the they really threaten to take you to court,the actual court papers arriving directly from the court house !! Then offer to settle. Now dont speak to them,dont offer any payment,promise to pay,which you must have done that's why sol has restarted in your state.
  24. NO they cannot garnish wages you must be in court for that to happen! So dont panic. Are you sure you were serve papers from the courthouse the name of the court should the return address,not the debt company??? First they must sue in the state you reside and the statue of limitation were you live prevail. So if the company hasnt filed a court case in Texas and the court papers delivered to you directly from a Texas Courthouse. Dont panic they are bluffing and counting on you not to know the federal,state debt laws. You say the statue of limitations expires in 2008 that is why they are contacting you!! Dont do anything,dont agree to anything,just keep track of all correspondence. This will all wither away. Now if they do file court case in Texas still dont panic they must validate before starting a court you will tell them that they are violating federal laws by not validating before starting a court case and you will inform the jugde of this and ask the case to be dismissed and it will be!! You are o.k.!!
  25. You are confuse no one uses the faco scores all lenders do pull the fico scores make no mistake about that!!!!!!!! When you saw your credit report via true credit it will show everyone who pulled your credit report including you fool,the faco inquiry is you looking at your own report yes that is logged but dont worry that goes into the category inquiries not seen by lenders. Now understand when you apply for credit you will only see the name of the bank that pulled your report only you will never see the name fico ever do you understand thats the way it is!!!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.