• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Denita last won the day on March 20 2012

Denita had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

434 Excellent

About Denita

  • Rank
    500 posts and hasn't been banned yet....


  • Occupation
    Real Estate

Profile Fields

  • Location

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. So was the judgment satisfied? You said you paid the principal balance off - did they supply a recorded satisfaction to you or are they continuing to collect?
  2. ^^^ That's the truth about the political calls. I get almost zero calls on my landline anymore and during the past month running up to the election I got calls every hour - sometimes 15 minutes apart. It was insane, talk about harassment!
  3. Yes, you are right. The CRA's sell all kinds of lists to collectors. Once you gave your SS# and the Estate Recovery made any sort of inquiry into your file (background/credit etc), your name landed on a list that was sold to CA's and JDB's. These lists are complied by CRA's and sold as one more profit center for the CRA. Your (our) data is valuable. It's really awful how this whole idea of creditworthiness has morphed into tracking you (us) for any purchase/sale/event that involves a financial function. You weren't even borrowing funds, you were doing the appropriate paperwork for your mothers
  4. I see that you live in AZ, a community property state. I am not familiar with the nuances of getting a loan in a community property state (my state isn't one). Make sure your income is enough to support the loan - speak to a mortgage banker now before you file for 2012 taxes. Many self-employed borrowers deduct too much to support the new house payment with the appropriate ratios. I think in community property states that your wife's debt will be included in your ratios - but verify with the mortgage banker. A pre-approval is not the same as a full approval. A good pre-approval will have you
  5. MachineMike, this original poster is a real person with a real problem with a scumbag servicer. Ocwen is the worst of the worst. Your post isn't helpful when dealing with an actual issue. OP, go to an attorney that specializes in mortgages and mortgage fraud. Ocwen has the absolute worst reputation in the servicing industry. Your selection of the appropriate attorney is very important and as stated above will most likely be on a contingency basis. Shop until you find the right attorney. Bring all your evidence (statements showing payments and letters from the various servicers). Do you have t
  6. Remember also, you can do a short sale after your discharge. Chase is very cooperative with most, not all, short sales now as it is easier and cleaner to deliver clear title with a short sale than with a f/c. In most instances the lender/servicer/investor makes more money in a short sale than in a f/c. Contact an agent in your area that is experienced with short sales. Look for the CDPE designation (Certified Distressed Property Expert). I have found short sales after a BK to be a slam dunk when the seller has all of their documentation and their discharge in hand. After all, you have already
  7. Ok, a judgment is an entirely different thing than a collection. Your husband already lost in a court of law and a judgment was awarded to the collector against your husband. Of course, if he didn't show up to the hearing because he wasn't served properly, then it may be possible to get the judgment vacated. You will need to look up your states' statutes to see under which conditions you can (your husband can) vacate the judgment. If you go to this link it will give you a little info on judgments and down at the bottom of the page is the statutes for South Carolina so you know where to look f
  8. Also, its not that you can't file BK before 8 yrs, its that you can't file a CH 7. You can file a Ch 13 and there are 13's with very, very low monthly payment amounts. There is a time frame for filing a Ch 13 after you have received a Ch 7 discharge, I don't remember the time frame now but you can search for it. Don't let the "what if" keep you from making a decision that could help your situation.
  9. Frankly it looks very high to me. There are costs padded in all over that GFE info above considering the size of your purchase. If you would like a referral to a mortgage banker here in Fl where you can at least shop your rate and terms and costs, PM me. Otherwise, find someone else that will actually fund your loan and get a competive bid from them....
  10. Maybe not. The lender has five years to persue the borrower after the f/c for the deficiency. When did the property f/c? Same with the HELOC. The car, I don't know. But some of these lenders are pretty sneaky about getting a judgment with sewer service. Have your g/f look up her name to see if anyone has obtained a judgment without her knowledge. If so, she can get it vacated.
  11. If it is a judgment, you can check online under your name in the county you lived in at the time it was filed. It will be in the public records section. It might be under the Clerk of Courts area of the public records section, that is where it is in my county.
  12. Sound advice above - to add a little bit. Refinancing the house to pay off unsecured debt is a very bad idea. You are then converting unsecured debt to secured debt. It is the beginning of a downward spiral that could very well end up with a loss of your home. There are countless people here in my area that had purchased their homes well before the run up in prices. They then refi'ed during the boom period and now are either way upside down or have lost their homes. You would be better off to come up with a plan to fix your home without taking on additional debt and to make a plan to pay off
  13. A stipulation of judgment essentially means you agreed to the judgment already - they don't have to sue you. Are you sure that's what you signed?
  14. Yes. But the agreement would have had to have been filed timely (before discharge). The quickest way is to check under your name. You will see the whole case file. It runs about 10 cents a page now.
  15. Actually if you read your mortgage you will see that they have the right to escrow for taxes and insurance and to increase the escrow amounts accordingly. It will be in writing in your mortgage. Look at both the note and the mortgage for a comprehensive idea of your loan. There are specific requirements each servicer has to meet for escrows. Look up RESPA and escrows to get an idea. You can start here: RESPA - Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act Home Page - HUD Having said the above - Ocwen is terrible. There servicing leaves a lot to be desired. They play every dirty trick in the book rega