• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

10 Good

About OU812B4

  • Rank

Profile Fields

  • Location
  1. No matter who they are looking for, get the mailing address of the CA and send them a cease and desist. Never talk to Collectors.
  2. ANSWER The summons and complaint. You do NOT have to file your answer with the court, just serve the plaintiff or plaintiffs attorney your answer. Whether you are filing bankruptcy or not, you should answer. If you end up NOT filing BK, they will obtain a default judgement if you do not respond.
  3. Yes, they will stay on your report for 7 years. Try disputing them with all 3 CRA's. They might remove the late payments because they no longer have the documentation to support the late payment. They also might not respond to the dispute at all and the CRA's will remove the account from your CR.
  4. Read this... http://www.moranlaw.net/blog/looming-california-foreclosure-doesnt-require-bankruptcy.htm
  5. She is working in Iraq, not serving in Iraq.
  6. Did you have 1 or 2 mortgages on the property and which one is going after the deficiency judgement? In a short sale, usually the first mortgagor releases you from responsibility of paying the amount of the mortgage that the sale did not cover and if there is a second mortgage the first mortgagor needs to get the second mortgagor to agree to removing the lein on the property so that the sale can go through. The first mortgagor will 1099 you for the difference and you have to pay taxes on the forgiven amount unless you can prove insolvency to the IRS. It is common for the second mortgagor to
  7. Yes, they have to remove the item from your credit once they receive the affidavit. I'm glad I could help, good luck on the rest!
  8. I'm not sure about that. You could call them and ask. The number is on the page that I posted a link to.
  9. Well, you could try filing an affidavit of identity theft with the ftc. http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/02/idtheft.shtm
  10. Call the cops in California (where the crime was committed) and file a police report. Get the report # and pass it on to the CA.
  11. So, your ex-hubby wrote a check from an account that was in your name but was closed when he wrote the check? If that's the case you call your local authorities and file a report. Then, you contact the CA, inform them that the check was not written by you, the acct was closed when the check was written and furnish them with a copy of the police report. They are supposed to close the file and cease all collection activity and remove any listing of the account on your credit.
  12. There are a few more things you should know about short sales.... They do as much damage to your credit as a foreclosure, sometimes more. The mortgage lender will 1099 you for the forgiven amount. You will be required to pay taxes on the forgiven amount unless you can prove insolvency. If you just refinanced this house 2 years ago, you had to be able to prove that you were able to afford the payment. Unless, you did a subprime no income verification or no doc (no documents proving income or debt). If that is the case, and you were in fact not able to afford the payment, you could be brough