Jump to content

SuperproducerTS

Members
  • Posts

    12
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Fields

  • Location
    IN

SuperproducerTS's Achievements

Member

Member (2/6)

10

Reputation

  1. Need some help. A creditor had a levy put on my bank account last week which sped up the bankruptcy filing for me. O had another bank account opened and had this week's paycheck deposited but I need to get to the funds in my account to pay bills and feed the family. I'm doing all of this on my own as I can't afford a lawyer now since my account is frozen. It was my understanding that once I filed bankruptcy my account should be released. The bank informed me that the levy was ordered by the court so I would need to get a court order to release it. I'm going to fax the creditor's lawyer to let them know I have filed bankruptcy but I'm sure they are not going to move very fast. Is there anything I can do now to speed up the process? Is there any kind of motion or form I can file to get the account released? I gave a copy of the bankruptcy filing to the court clerk this morning but she said I would need the judge to order the account unfrozen. Thanks for any help!
  2. Is it possible to negotiate that? If they take so much it's hard to meet other bills that might force bankruptcy which I've tried to avoid
  3. BB&T sent me papers a few months back and they are the original owner of the debt so I responded that the debt was mine but that I could not pay it all at once. The final judgement was entered and awarded to BB&T. I followed up with Weltman, W&R to see what we could do to arrange payments. They stated that the court date had been set and I received the order to appear. Tomorrow is the big day and I wanted to get some advice on what to expect and how to handle it. Is there any way to avoid garnishment? And how much can they take? Things are incredibly tight right now and I'm very concerned. Thanks!
  4. I tried calling back a number of times to talk with the rep at the law firm and left a voicemail each time. Never heard back so I finally called in and talked to another rep to confirm the settlement I discussed. I told him we agreed the Crap1 would go from $2600 to $2k and Midland from $4500 to $3050. He confirmed the Crap1 settlement for $2k. Then the BIG SHOCKER! He said the notes stated the settlement of Midland for $1050! I'm not sure if they keep bad notes or what but I had him confirm those numbers many times during the call and asked them to send the settlement letters. I called today to make sure the letters went out and he confirmed they went out yesterday for the $2k and $1050. So thankful for the mixup or whatever. I'm going to take the $2k I'm saving and settle some other accounts.
  5. I waited until after a judgement to start talking to them. They are willing to negotiate even with a judgement in their favor, which I think is odd, but it will save me some $.
  6. Great! Good to know. I'll get in touch with one of them to get the details. Thanks again for the help. I've been putting this off and wish I wouldn't have now. I can't wait to suck up more of the forum knowledge to do to them what they've been trying to do to me.
  7. Thanks for the reply. I have learned my lesson and I'm going to be more proactive on this now that I've read some of the tips on the forum. When I called the firm last week to see if they would settle for something less than the judgment my hopes were pretty low but the lady I talked to was actually helpful and willing to work with me. I had to ask a few times to get the numbers down from where she started but we eventually got to the 5k mark from $6500. I just need to have them certified funds two days before the scheduled appearance and they will notify the court.
  8. I posted this in the main forum but I think it fits better here. I was sued last year and didn't appear (I know) and judgments were made against me. One from Capital One and another from Midland who bought the debt from HSBC of Nevada. Same firm represents both Bowman, Heintz, Boscia and Vician. Total between the two is $6500. Paperwork was filed on both and I have dates to appear for garnishment on 7/19 for one and 8/15 on the other. I called the firm last week to see what my options are and they would settle both for $5k lump sum. I'm supposed to be out of town on 7/19 so I was looking for some other option than appearing that day. I might be able to bay it but after reading all the great help in the forum I'm starting to think there are other options available to me. Since Capital One was the original owner on one and looks like they sold it to the law firm, should I contact Cap1 to see if they would settle for less? Can I? Any advice on how to handle these is greatly appreciated!
  9. I'm battling some of this too. I'm new to the site but it looks like there are tons of help options here. Good luck!
  10. If it helps, The Cap1 account on my CR says account closed at credit grantors request and it shows them as the party the judgement was in favor of. On the other, It has Midland listed and the one that the judgement was made for and that HSBC sold them the debt. I'm assuming in this case that the law firm is the CA
  11. I wish I would have been more proactive in fighting my debt and found this forum a long time ago. Live and learn and pass it on. I'm hoping someone in the forum can give advice. I was sued last year and didn't appear (I know) and judgments were made against me. One from Capital One and another from Midland who bought the debt from HSBC of Nevada. Same firm represents both Bowman, Heintz, Boscia and Vician. Total between the two is $6500. Paperwork was filed on both and I have dates to appear for garnishment on 7/19 for one and 8/15 on the other. I called the firm last week to see what my options are and they would settle both for $5k lump sum. I'm supposed to be out of town on 7/19 so I was looking for some other option than appearing that day. I might be able to bay it but after reading all the great help in the forum I'm starting to think there are other options available to me. Since Capital One was the original owner on one and looks like they sold it to the law firm, should I contact Cap1 to see if they would settle for less? Can I? Any advice on how to handle these is greatly appreciated!
×
×
  • Create New...