• Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Neutral

About Ansback

  • Rank
    Advanced Member
  • Birthday January 25

Profile Fields

  • Location
  1. The original debt was before 2009. The law firm of Goodman, started representing Cach in the summer of 2009. I recceived a summons to appear in court in July 2009. It was in September 2009, that I agreed to the Consent Judgement and Stipulated Order. I started paying Goodman in October 2009. All the paperwork from the court states Decembr 2009, that the judgement was granted. The SOL for Michigan is 7 years. Goodman or Cach are not on my credit report, but the judgement is under legal actions, if I understand it correctly. Can the law office of Shine, resubmit the judgement on my credit report, and it be there for years as a new debt? I guess it really doesn't matter, but was proud that I got my credit scores over 700, after some hard work and would hate to see it drop. Yes, I know that these scores are not totally accurate, but it showed what I was doing was working. Thanks again I was just heartbroken, upset, mad and paniced after I received that letter and you guys have made me feel better. Caryn
  2. Thank you for all the input. I will write a letter, but I do have one more question. I have not heard from the law firm of Goodman, where I have been sending payments to. I sent them a payment for June, which I do when I receive my funds. I would assume I should hear something from Goodman that they are no longer representing Cach shouldn't I or should I call them and ask them about it?? Or could the letter I received from Shine be a scam, and want money instead of sending it to Goodman? You hear aBout so many scams. I did look up the law office of Shine and thr is one regitered in N.Y. that is a debt collector. Again thanks for the input Caryn
  3. I reread the letter, from the Law Office Of K Shine, and it sounds like the first letter that you receive from a debt collector. It says this is their first attempt to communicate with me. I have 30 days after receipt of this notice to dispute the validaity of the debt or any portion. Well since I blew up on the phone with them, and admit to the debt, that I was pissed that I owed more money now than I did in 2009. I can not deny owing the debt since I admitted to it and the conversation was recorded....they reminded me that sevral times. I understand I agreed to paying them, but will that stay on my credit report for ever now? I understand my income is untouchable by them, but I know that they can try and they might be able to freeze my bank account, till I prove to them that is the only money going in there is S.S. I assume that Goodman where I sent the payments will give them my bank info. Not sure what they can try to do to collect the money. I understand about sending them a letter and doing it CMRR, have done that before with other JDB. It just seems like I should be able to do something about the money I paid. Sorry to say I didn't realize that interest would accrue on the amount as I paid on it, I thought I only owed the original amount and the payments would be deducted from that and I owed a lot less, instead of more money. VERY sorry I didn't find this site till after I agreed to everything with them, wouldn't of done it if I had been more enlighted or knew more. Thanks again
  4. I assume if I stop paying, the statue of limitations will restart, and it will stay of my credit report. It is not on there now. Am sure they will start it all over. I don't really have any property, a 20 year old double wide, and a car 15 years old and a svu 10 years old, that is all I own.
  5. Not sure if I am posting this in the right section or not. I live in Michigan, single 65 year old woman, only on social security, that started out on disability. Years before I found this site, I had a judgement levied against me, due to my ignorance. I thought I was settleing a agreement with Cach LLC to make monthly payments on a account. After what I thought was an agreement, arranged by Goodman and Poeszat ( I think ).They got a Consent Judgement and Stipulated Order of Temporary Installment Plan. I have been faithfully paying on this since October 2009, at $50.00 a month. I know that isn't much, but that is all I can afford on social security. The orginal amount according to the papers I have, $6,502.75, which consisted of a principal amount of $4870.39, cost in the amount of $97.00, interest in the amount of $1460.36 and a statutory attorney fees of $75.00. The judgement will accrue interst at the statutory rate. Today I recceived a letter from the law firm in New York, of Kevin Z Shine, stating that the account with Cach LLC had been switched over to them. Cach LLC had been represented by Goodman and Poeszat since the beginnning in October 2009. Since October 2009, I have sent monthly checks to Goodman,totaling over $3400. They are located in Southgate, Mi. Shine is telling me my balance now is $6221.92. I almost died and I got mad. The representative I talked to a MIchael, said that I was paying monthly and that interest that would of been set by the courts, and that my monthly payments didn't even cover that.Can not find any where on the papers the rate of interest. I know the conversation was recorded it kept reminding me, and I did say a things I regret now. No swearing just called thm bottom feeders and if it kept going up I didn't see any reason to keep paying them. My question is what should I do? I have worked very hard at trying to clear up my credit and thought I had done a good job with the help of this forum. I took care of some minor bills and had a couple dicharged for statutue of limitations running out and one wasnt mine. According to Credit Karma, everything is off my credit rreport and my credit rating is just over 700. i do know that may not be totally accurate but have to wait a couple of months to get my free annual report. I know this is long, and I hope I have explained it correctly and with enough detail. Thanks for reading and for any help that you can provide. Caryn
  6. So sorry for your loss, I know how you feel, my hubbt died young, and we had three children with the youngest being 3. He had been laid off prior to his death, so had a lot of bills and uncertainity. I only worked part time. You will need several copies of his cetified death certifcate to send to a variety of places. Can get a few from your court house, and the bank made photo copies for me and I had them notorized there for free. I had to have copies for the bank to take his name off the account, utility companies to change into my name, for the mortgage, social security, car loans, etc. Here is what I did, (I'm in MIchigan) He didn't have a will, big mistake I know now, but we were young and thought we would have time to do that in the future We didn't have much, no probate since we didn't have a lot, bascically only a house in both our names. Assests were below what the state needed to put in probate. Had a small insurance policy. I only paid what I had too, didnt pay on any bills that were his. I got by the first month or so, with our church took up a collection for us, where I worked part time did too, and a couple of organiztions we were associated with helped to, so was able to pay mortgage and utilies and groceries. Think it took a couple of months to get survival social security benefits. Each child got a certain amount, and I would recieve a monthly amount as long as one child was under 16. It came as one check. Checks to children will come in the name after they turn 18 if still in high school. You could work, but if you made more than an X amount per year, your benefits could be cut or loss all together. When you get on social security that should make you judgement proof, since they can't touch that, espcially if there is no other income. I would listen to what Clydesmom and others say they havve much more experience than I do about the debts and how to protect yourself. God bless you and your family and good luck.
  7. Agree with RyanEX, dress nice. I would not wear expensive jewelery, don't know if it would matter, but would keep accessories, simple. Have no idea what kind of documents you woulld need, but definetely the paperwork you mentioned, about being laid off, not getting unemployment etc. If this is just with a judge, maybe a short list of your monthly expenses, rent, utilities, loans, etc. I think that would help. Wouldn't go in to detail, but would give him an idea as to your obligations. I think like recent copies of your utility bills, rent or house payment, loans. Other may have better ideas, but that is what I would take. Good luck
  8. Great thread, easy to understand, and very detailed. Congrats on you win. what an inspirtion you are.
  9. Congrats on a great job done. Proves that we can get it done with a little help from our friends from this forum.
  10. Ansback

    Veterans Day

    Veterans Day is Monday 11, and I would like to remember my grandfather, father, uncle, brother and husband who served, and are no longer with us. Many thanks to my brother in laws, nephews, son and many friends who have served. Special thanks to my two nephews, Nathan in the Marines and Donnie who is in the navy, and the sacrifices their families have made, so they can serve with pride and honor, to give us the freedom that we enjoy today. So please give them a very big thank you to any vet you may see or know. Monday is also the Marine Corps 238 birthday. The Title It cannot be inherited Nor can it ever be purchased. You and no one alive Can buy if for any price. It is impossible to rent And it can not be lent. You alone and our own Have earned it. You have earned it with your blood, sweat, and lives. You own it forever. The Title, UNITED STATES MARINE
  11. What does the law state. Had that happen to me saying they couldn't remove it, but it wasn't BoA. I tried going thru the FDCR and I couldn't find a anything that said they could remove it. Just wondring if I could find a statement that says it is up to them I would send again with it highlighted. I made the big mistake of paying it off, before I found this site and didn't ask for pay to delete. LOL I might not be to nice when telling them they could remove it if they wanted to.
  12. Sorry I was unclear, they were two different medical bills, the original creditor never had it on credit report, and I paid them like two years later. Had got a dunning letter from the collection agency, but I sent money to the orignal creditor. For what ever reason, or if I was just lucky they were never on credit report. When ever you need help with debts, these members are really good about helping and giving you their personal experiences. I'm working on a debt here that I have gotten a lot of good advice. Sometimes I just ask questions, aout a debt and they have given me good advise. Good luck with the dentist.
  13. I totally agree with TomTex and Shellieh98, do not keep your son's money in your account. The letter is what all collection agencies send out, to try and collect money. Did it say any thing about taking you to court or suing you? Or just it was attempt to collect on a debt? I don't know but it might depend on the amount of the debt as to what degree they would go to collect. The larger the amount the more they will go after you. (I had two really small bills, both were under $100., that went to collection after being hospitalized, and I did pay them after a considerable amount of time and they were never on my credit report. I paid them after about two years and I sent the money to the original creditor, even tho a collection agency had them. This all happened before I found this forum.) I really am ignorant on how this works but have learned a lot from these boards, and just saying what happened to me. I haven't had large bills, small amounts ( under $500.) and I don't know if that makes a difference. Am still working on a few bills and dealing with them with the info I have gotten here.
  14. It is probably a regular dunning letter: Dear Sir, We are JDB and we are attempting to collect a debt, the orginal creditor was John Doe. You owe us this amount XXXXXX You have thirty days to reply to this letter, if not we will take it that it is your debt and you owe us . At the bottom will be they are attempting to collect a debt. Something similar to that correct? You really need to check your credit reports. That will tell you if the dentist sold the debt or not. When you opened the account, when you missed your first payment, and when it was charged off, transferred to the collection agency, or sold. It could be a collection agency that just collects medical bills. You can get free credit reports online from annual credit report.
  15. I'm a newbie too, these guys are right, you do not really want to pay a collection agency with a credit card. How long ago was it when you acquired the debt? Do you remember when you last paid on it? Have you checked out your credit reports to check for accuracy? These collection agencies are bottom feeders, they buy old debts for pennies on the dollars, and than try to collect top dollar. I had one that tried to collect almost $800. for a debt that I wasn't sure was mine, but went into collections for less than $200. They probably paid $20. or less for it, and more likely less. I sent a letter for validation took the colletion agency 9 months to answer and still wasn't sure if it was mine. I am still fighting whether it is mine or not. The more info you can give the better the advice you will get from these boards, they are really great at helping and trying to direct you in the right direction. There is a lot of experience here, think better than some legal advice you might get. I do not have any legal training just giving you something to think about.