Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'satisfied'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements
    • PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING / Board Announcements
    • Resources
  • Credit Repair
    • Credit Repair
    • Collections
    • Credit Bureaus/Reports/Scores
    • Identity Theft
  • Legal Issues
    • Is There a Lawyer in the House
    • Bankruptcy Q and A
  • Debt Validation
    • While You are In It Debt Validation Q and A
    • Debt Settlement
  • Loans and Banking
    • Obtaining Credit Cards, Auto Loans and Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Student Loans
    • Banking and Finance
  • Non Credit
    • Off Topic

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


Location


Biography


Interests


Occupation

Found 1 result

  1. I lost to Midland and, although I really wanted to appeal, I decided to just take my lumps and pay. BUT I wanted to try to get the judgment vacated in return for paying. I sent a letter to the law firm that won a judgment against me asking them if they could vacate the judgment after I paid in full. They called me yesterday (2/19) said since judgment was entered on the 6th, they only have until today to vacate so I would have to get certified payment to them by today. The person I spoke with (not a lawyer) said that if I couldn't make payment by today, all they'd be able to do is file that the judgment was satisfied. I had 14 days to appeal before the judgment was entered as final so I assume this is the 14 day period they are working with to vacate. I'm also assuming that their vacation of it would me more like a dismissal. What I was asking them, in reality, was if they would file under Rule 60(b)5 - vacation of satisfied judgment. The problem I have is that I can't get the cash together and drive 2.5 hours to their offices today. I have the cash, but I have an ATM withdrawal limit and I can't get a cashier's or certified check because the closest branch of my bank is 3 hours away! I sent them a fax this morning asking if they would agree to accept debit card payment and file a motion to vacate today and if not, could we just file under Rule 60(b)5 after I had paid the judgment. I have not yet heard back. I don't think I have much choice since I can't get the money together and make the drive today. I guess if I can't get them to agree to take a debit card payment and move to vacate today, I'll just pay when I have the money together and then file a motion to vacate myself, but I'll be really disappointed if my motion fails.
×
×
  • Create New...