Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Evidence Code 1152'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Announcements
    • PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING / Board Announcements
    • Resources
  • Credit Repair
    • Credit Repair
    • Collections
    • Credit Bureaus/Reports/Scores
    • Identity Theft
  • Legal Issues
    • Is There a Lawyer in the House
    • Bankruptcy Q and A
  • Debt Validation
    • While You are In It Debt Validation Q and A
    • Debt Settlement
  • Loans and Banking
    • Obtaining Credit Cards, Auto Loans and Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Student Loans
    • Banking and Finance

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start







Found 1 result

  1. I was prepared to go to trial in 3 days and today by courier, I received a letter of settlement that the entire case will be dropped against me via filing a dismissal of the entire action with prejudice from the Plaintiff IF I SIGN their AGREEMENT. I am NOT a lawyer, and I don't want to sign a document they gave me when I can't be sure what it holds me or them to. For one, a whole page is missing from the agreement. Section 1 & 2 are not there and it skips immediately to # 3. Also, I see at a quick glance that I will have to eat the $ 700.00 I spent fighting this case and it was a lot of stress throughout the year. I want my court fees returned to me at a minimum, but if I sign this I get no memorandum of costs and bottom line, I just don't trust these people. I have no plans to do anything with this further, but I do not feel I can sign a "settlement" with these Pieces of trash. They HAVE admitted that their witness cannot show up at trial and that this is why they will dismiss the case, but I want my court fees nonetheless and taking their word that they will dismiss if I sign this paper is NOT something I trust. I’m probably overreacting, but it’s the truth. Signing this not knowing what it all really holds me to and trusting this JDB makes me way more scared than going to court against them. That doesn’t scare me at all this point, because I know they have no case My case is on Monday--tomorrow is Thursday. So I have to decide by tomorrow. I can fax this settlement back to them or email it back. I'd like to upload it so it can be viewed, but if I do, then that breaks the agreement option for me. Basically, I'd like to forget this letter, show up at trial, get them to dismiss it there and be able to file my memorandum of costs, case done with no agreement between them and I of any kind-- and then just move on. They can never sue me again now anyway--because this purported debt is over 4 years old. Any advice/feedback would be much appreciated. Thank you!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.