Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'amend'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Announcements
    • PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING / Board Announcements
    • Resources
  • Credit Repair
    • Credit Repair
    • Collections
    • Credit Bureaus/Reports/Scores
    • Identity Theft
  • Legal Issues
    • Is There a Lawyer in the House
    • Bankruptcy Q and A
  • Debt Validation
    • While You are In It Debt Validation Q and A
    • Debt Settlement
  • Loans and Banking
    • Obtaining Credit Cards, Auto Loans and Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Student Loans
    • Banking and Finance

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start







Found 2 results

  1. Good afternoon -- I am currently being sued by Portfolio Recovery for an old credit card debt. I filed my initial answer back in July, along with a Motion to Compel and attached a copy of the Card Agreement to the motion when filing. My pre-trial date was on October 7, and when I arrived the court had misfiled my motion to compel, and was not aware that there was to be a motion hearing at that time. The plaintiff's attorney and I spoke with the clerk and we rescheduled the motion hearing for December 16th, but when I was reviewing the paperwork I noticed that I had attached the wrong Card Agreement which I had downloaded from the CFPB -- I had initially download the current (6/2021) agreement, when in fact I needed to attach the agreement from 9/2019. When I merged the files into a .PDF I accidentally attached the newest agreement, which wouldn't effect me as Portfolio had already purchased the debt in January 2021. How do I file a change at this point? Is it to late to update this? How would I reword or change my Motion? Thank you all for all of your help and information so far!
  2. Amendment form for motion to appear & answer I believe I may have been misguided by a volunteer attorney in filling out my "Motion To Appear And Answer". Question 1. My understanding is that if I write anything but "Deny" on the form, it automatically puts me in a position to receive a judgment. Is this correct? I would like to amend my motion but have been unsuccessful in locating the form even under the proper sublink on the Circuit Court of Cook County website. Question 2. I would greatly appreciate if someone can direct me to where I can print out the amendment form or would be willing to put a link to the form here in reply to my post. Question 3. Once I fill out my amendment form to reflect the change to "Deny", do I then need to file another motion to appear and answer or is that already a part of the amendment form? Thank you!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.