Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'debt letter'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Calendars

  • Community Calendar

Forums

  • Announcements
    • PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING / Board Announcements
    • Resources
  • Credit Repair
    • Credit Repair
    • Collections
    • Credit Bureaus/Reports/Scores
    • Identity Theft
  • Legal Issues
    • Is There a Lawyer in the House
    • Bankruptcy Q and A
  • Debt Validation
    • While You are In It Debt Validation Q and A
    • Debt Settlement
  • Loans and Banking
    • Obtaining Credit Cards, Auto Loans and Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Student Loans
    • Banking and Finance

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


State


Biography


Interests


Occupation

Found 1 result

  1. Hello All I am seeking advice on the best way to handle this. I just received a letter from a collection agency that eBay has submitted my account to them for some unpaid seller fees. Long story short - I let time slip past me. I meant to address this and I put other things in priority and now I'm scrambling. This is my fault. I am on the road to rebuilding, my score is growing leaps and bounds and this collection is going to hurt. I haven't received notification from Credit Karma or Sesame that the account has been added to my report. I don't know about equifax, they may only report to equifax. It was one of those "first communication" letters that said I had 30 days to validate yada-yada. I want to pay this before it hits my report. My first question - am I too late? Second question - if I pay eBay *today* and keep my documentation, if this does hit my credit report can I attempt to dispute it with this as proof that it is settled? Or am I going to be too late? I don't know about contacting the collection agency about this - since I know they may tell me that if I pay they won't report it and all will be well, but I have no way of keeping them accountable on that. I can pay this now to avoid it hitting my CR. If it is too late then I will wait a bit for my budget to handle it a little better since the damage will be done. I just need to find out if this is salvagable. Ugh. I can't believe I let it get to this point. Thank you for the insight!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.