Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'hunt&henriques'.
Good ole' Swim got a letter in the mail from Hunt & Henriques (H&H) recently.... The letter claims the amount owed to CapitalOne (CO) is ~$6,000.00. Swim responds well within 30 days via Certified Mail Return Receipt Requested (CMRRR), with a simple request for validation. Something along the lines of... "I dispute this. Validate. P.S. Don't call me." H&H wastes no time and sends about a years worth of statements from the alleged CO account, which includes a page from CO that the account was charged off. That's it. A few days later H&H sends their notice of intent to file suit: Swim lives in Southern California, and already checked -- arbitration is out the window due to CO removing that clause. From what Swim can tell, H&H didn't actually validate the debt, and the SOL is in effect for a few more years. Not sure is CO owns the account and H&H represent them -- or if H&H is a Junk Debt Buyer (JDB). And at this point does it make a difference? Should Swim respond and further dispute the alleged debt? Or simply sit back, continue to read up on California threads on https://www.creditinfocenter.com to formulate a game plan, and wait for their next move (which is likely to be what?)? Presumably, with COVID, H&H has collections up to their eyeballs, and Southern California courts are experiencing delays... it could be some time before this makes its way into a courthouse? Or is that wishful thinking? Good ole' swim isn't an easy target, and isn't going to roll over. What's the best course of action to get a jump start to defend against this alleged debt, presuming H&H follows through on their intent to file suit? Thanks! ~Swim
I just got served on 8/26/20 by a debt collection company called PRA and their attorney is Hunt & Henriques. My original creditor was PayPal Credit/Synchrony. My total debt as stated on the summons is $3,364.95. My account was opened back in 2016 and I stopped paying sometime in 2018. I’ve got 30 days to answer but how do I answer? The summons paper says I can find the form online but what form is it? And should I also file an arbitration now? If so, how Do I get a hold of my agreement contract to see if I do JAMS or AAA? I’ve done a ton of reading on here on cases that’s been dismissed but damn, I’m feeling really really scared at the moment. It’s all I’ve been thinking about. Any and all help you guys can provide me would be great. And what are my chances of getting my case dismissed? btw, I’m from California.
I am going to be posting questions on this thread about my case, but the urgent question is that today 11/18 is day 30 to respond to discovery requests and requests for production. I sent it with POS and CMRR today. I FORGOT to sign each document!!!! DO I need to sign and resend everyone of them???Please let me know right away. Thanks!!!
I'm being sued by Hunt & Henriques in the the amount of $3,000 for credit card debt. The account was originally with HSBC bank. They supposedly were acquired by Capital One. Capital One then sent this off to Portfolio Recovery Services. PRS then turned this over to H&H. I originally asked them to prove the debt before the lawsuit was filed. They didn't. When they filed their lawsuit, I responded in a timely manner. A pre-trial conference was set and I attended and they did not send any representative. Judge which is this week. I have had a bit of a run of bad luck since the pre-trial conference. Lost job and wife and I separated. Dealing with a bit of a depression and spending time looking for a new job took away from my preparation for this trial. In addition, I've moved out of my house and didn't find out until this last week that H&H had sent a request for admissions and demand for production of documents and interrogatories, then sent another one in response to the fact that I didn't answer the first one. Finally, they sent a declaration of plaintiff in lieu of personal testimony at trial CP 98. Witness location is for an address in Virginia and I'm in California. Wife finally gave me all this information and am just looking at it now. I haven't filed anything and the trial is this week. Just looking for any advice on what I can do. Ask for a continuance? Call H&H try to settle? Or what options I might have going into court since I didn't file anything a head of time and there is no time for me to file anything. Any input would be much appreciated.