Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'pay'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Announcements
    • PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING / Board Announcements
    • Cosmetic Changes to the Forum
    • Resources
  • Credit Repair
    • Credit Repair
    • Collections
    • Credit Bureaus/Reports/Scores
    • Identity Theft
  • Legal Issues
    • Is There a Lawyer in the House
    • Bankruptcy Q and A
  • Debt Validation
    • While You are In It Debt Validation Q and A
    • Debt Settlement
  • Loans and Banking
    • Obtaining Credit Cards, Auto Loans and Financing
    • Mortgages
    • Student Loans
    • Banking and Finance
  • Non Credit
    • Off Topic

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start







Found 2 results

  1. Hey guys, I need a little advice on how to best tackle this. I recently got my credit reports and noticed 3 accounts currently in collections: 1. $65 to Credit Management LP (OC Charter Communications) Placed for Collection 8/2013 2. $118 to to Transworld Systems (OC Old utility bill w/city) Placed for Collection 11/2013 3. $1108 to Midland Funding (OC Citibank) Placed for Collection 8/2010 (Says on my CR that it's scheduled to continue on record until August 2015, so I'm thinking about just leaving this one as is.) Basically, I'm thinking about doing a PFD on the first couple and offering 50% of the amount owed since they're such small amounts I'm hoping that the CA's will just accept. I'm also afraid that this will rally up any other old debts I may have and they'll pursue me, am I right to think that or am I safe just sending off a couple of PFD's and getting those (hopefully) off of my credit report. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Trying to get my credit report (slowly but surely) back into shape.
  2. I have one open collection left on my credit reports. It's something I don't really feel I owe but I don't have evidence of this so that's a story for another day. My question is, what is my best option if I can pay the full $800? It still has about 3.5 years before it will age off and I'd like to just take care of it. The DC is not being helpful and I don't want a "settled in full." I basically have admitted I owe it and it's very obvious that it's my debt. They refused to PFD for $500. Should I ask for a PFD or just tell them I'll pay the full amount if they report it as "Paid in Full?" Is there another option, like to have it show up as paid as agreed? Or is that not possible because it is the collector that is reporting it? Thanks!
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.