bankruptcy ch 7

laman

Oh, I know of several people who had them removed.

The classic sequence is:

1) Dispute away all old addresses. (Particularly useful if you have moved since doing BK)

2) Dispute away any TL's noted as Included in Bankruptcy.

3) Dispute away Public Record of BK.

We have an old BK7 dated June 1994. I disputed as 'not mine' ... didn't work. I then disputed as having the wrong amounts..... Now it shows up as 'Amounts Unknown'. I also removed the old addresses.

It's stuck with super-glue. I have 10 months to go before it drops off.

Cas

Yes; disputing public records is like anything else, sometimes you are fortunate and sometimes not.

Sometimes you run up against the wrong verification system that catches you on the matter. You may consider re-trying again on the dispute to see if you can remove it now.

:lol:

kb, forgive me if this is silly, but in disputing judgments, who does the cra verify the listing with? i mean is it the person who sued, or the court system?

thanks, and good luck on disputing the bankruptcy. i wonder if anyone knows a good site to learn the bankruptcy basics??

This is not the plaintiff or the court that verifies, it is an independent source all together - contracted by the CRAs to go in and gather this information; as well as calling the court houses to check ever so often with the clerk.

Dolan is a popular one out there, but it can also be a credit bureau - like what we were doing here. So this is better in someways, cause you don't have to even dispute or deal with the creditor (or even alert the creditor that by disputing these).

kb,

Do you know of any other CRA's like Dolan Information that specialize in public records. I am eagerly anticipating a withdrawal of a particular public record :twisted: and I need to know where to have the withdrawal sent.

Up until just this last month our credit bureau was doing updates on judgments on a few local court houses, but since then the affiliate has pulled us out, for the specialty company to do this. They definitely have more time then I did, way too much work involved.

But you might try looking in your phone book (county phone book) for local credit bureaus. Call them and see if they might be responsible, or know who is for your area. We where able to updated the CRA on prior ones which we collected, but they won't have us doing that any more.

Plus I don't know if you will be fortunate to find a consumer friendly one that will take the time to help you without giving you the standard, Dispute with the CRAs line of BS. It is elective how helpful each credit bureau can be from one to the next, since most are money driven with their time... right now consumers do not pay us for any services (so in affect - by stopping to help consumers... takes away from the daily activities with the creditors). Our office I am hopping is not the rare exception, but I fear that might be the case.

I am willing to pay ! Hell, I already paid an attorney $1,500 -- He "only" charges $350 an hour :shock:

For those of you who may wonder why I would hire an attorney, the attorney is representing me against the IRS and I am winning :wink:

Oops ... I think I hijacked this thread!

Here is the original question:

<What are the chances of having a bk ch 7 removed from all 4 cra's? What do i do to get them removed they are mine 2 yrs old, please help.>

Please follow the advice give by "crofttk", the steps he describes have worked for others.

Our credit bureau here, is not allowed to offer services to consumers. It is in out affiliate agreement... they don't want us messing with selling or advising on how to dispute (since this is too close to being considered credit repair).

:lol: Well you can see for your self how that went over with me, lol.

No success here either! :cry:

I have done everything that croft pointed out, and it is still there on all 3! I have disputed now 3 times on all 3 CRA's.

I wonder if there is a way to go to the courthouse and get the BK file. You know like checking out a library book! LOL, and then when I have it...DISPUTE it! Then I will return the file so that I don't get arrested or a late charge!

nono.gif

I hope that you have better luck than I!

I had my bk chpt7 from 1998 deleted from exp and then verified by tu and equ. EXP had deleted my addresses as well as the name it was in, my married name. I just finally got TU to delete the married name and the bk got deleted from TU now too. EQU I am still working on the name getting deleted and hope it get my bk deleted too. Might want to try getting the names off there if you can. It was the only thing different for personal info on all three reports.

I had my bk chpt7 from 1998 deleted from exp and then verified by tu and equ. EXP had deleted my addresses as well as the name it was in, my married name. I just finally got TU to delete the married name and the bk got deleted from TU now too. EQU I am still working on the name getting deleted and hope it get my bk deleted too. Might want to try getting the names off there if you can. It was the only thing different for personal info on all three reports.

Excellent idea! I have to check to see what name my BK is under. It might be worth my while to change my name, temporarily! :wink:

Thanks sis!

Congrats on the deletes! Way too GOOOOOOO!

ole.gif